bobvoeh

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

Well, I decided to roll the KK off of the patio to empty out the ashes. I was getting tired of the little chunks of unburnt lump getting on the patio. I forgot how nice this thing rolls. I had no problem rolling it out the patio door right onto the stepping stones (nice 18 inchers, not little ones). Scooped the stuff out into a plastic tub for transport to the composter.

While I had it outside, I decided to break out the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser I have read so much about in this forum and give it a try. I've read that it takes the gunk right off of the damper top and even cleans the stainless ring under it. We'll see.

After cleaning, it went back on the patio just as easy as it came out.

Well, how'd it do? See for yourself !!!

I wish I had taken a before shot of the damper top. About the bottom 1/2 inch had a distinct brown tint to it and the stainless ring was getting pretty nasty. Probably from all the rib eyes, they tend to drip alot with all that marbeling.

This thing has more shine now then when I uncrated it !!! It even seems to leave a waxy coating on it, you can see the water beading on it. It even took the black caked on soot off of the thermometer stem. What I thought was beautiful before is even more spectacular now and it was so easy. Thanks to this forum for all these good tips. :thumbleft:

gx13jRl0.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.