Zorro

Roto Chicken

Here is the ideal setup for rotisserie chicken. BBQ Guru ProCom4, EZQ, (a gin & tonic and good cigar not pictured). Pit temperature set at 320 degrees F. At room temperature, the chicken was rubbed with EVOO, salt, pepper, soy sauce, marjoram, garlic powder, Paul Prudhommes "Poultry Magic", and Lowry's seasoned salt. Do it all on a shallow baking pan because all of this stuff will drip off the chicken. Put the chicken in the EZQ on into the KK. Then mix up what dripped into the baking pan (add more spices if you want) and drizzle it over the rotating chicken shortly after you put it into the KK--not later. I added one small mesquite chunk previously soaked in water to give the chicken a teriffic smoked flavor. It cooked for slightly more than an hour. Exact time depends on starting temperature and size of chicken. Let it rest for about 10 minutes uncovered before carving. YUM! (even if I do say so myself) By the way, this is Colorado--not senic Wichita!

Zorro

gx2xgbY9.jpg

gx2xikES.jpg

aV23kQIi.jpg

It was a little lopsided--but it didn't come loose and tasted great. The skin wasn't as crispy as aI would have liked it so I will turn up the heat maybe 30 degrees. It is a little tricky cooking things at 9,600 ft elevation and I haven't mastered it completely.

Zorro

It was a little lopsided--but it didn't come loose and tasted great. The skin wasn't as crispy as aI would have liked it so I will turn up the heat maybe 30 degrees. It is a little tricky cooking things at 9,600 ft elevation and I haven't mastered it completely.

Zorro

Yea, I wouldn't have a clue what to do up there seeing I'm pretty much at sea level and 95% humidity :toothy2:

Is there smoke coming from the left side of the cooker at the opening?

Looks like it is coming out of the Polder hole. I bet the BBQ Guru is positively ventilating the cooker so the smoke is coming out there as well as the upper damper.

When you use a Guru or a Stoker, if it is not coming out everywhere then you have the top damper open too much. Mine comes out of every opening there is when the fan is running...which is fine.

-=Jasen=-

Mine comes out of every opening there is when the fan is running...

At least the fan was on, but dude, if it's coming out all your openings you really need to change where you get your meat from. Or at least cook it a little longer!

SMILEY15.gif

Mine comes out of every opening there is when the fan is running...

At least the fan was on, but dude, if it's coming out all your openings you really need to change where you get your meat from. Or at least cook it a little longer!

SMILEY15.gif

Now that would be called "Losing watertight integrity"