Porkchop

Contemplating the Chuck Roll...

The wife just picked me up a 22lb chuck roll at Sam's in Spartanburg for 1.89 (or so) per lb. So, I get to do my first one starting tonight.

I also saw brisket at Super Walmart in Spartanburg for 1.39...almost bought it too, love the flavor of brisket

But decided to wait.

And to all those who don't yet have a foodsavor (or similar)...you gotta get one. Today I brought in country ribs that I did a few weeks ago, man were they delish

I usually cook about 30 or so legs and vacuum pack them in 3's for lunch, and I always have bags of pulled pork, or ribs or something that's been cooked. Now I'll have pulled beef...oh yeah!

Nothing EVER goes bad when it's foodsavered...it's good for years in the freezer. Not that it stays there that long, but there's NEVER a freezer burnt item.

OK, I got a late start. I got really busy and didn't start the fire til about 10:30pm. Started prepping the hunk of beef right after that. Put some rub all over it, then slathered it with mustard, then more rub. Meat went on about 11:15pm or so.

Never really had time to stabilize the temp so I'm gonna have to keep an eye out til I think it's settled. I'm gonna shoot for 225-240'ish.

My first chuck roll...gonna be taking bags of pulled beef to work for awhile...yehaw :P