bobvoeh

I love my Rib Eyes !!!

Its been awhile since I've posted any cooking pics. I've been very busy lately, so here we go. Just cleaned the grill after my last low and slow so it was time to fire that baby up and sear some steaks.

I got these inch thick rib eyes at BJ's (local warehouse store) Just some kosher salt, fresh black pepper and some turbinado sugar.

gxgECpJ.jpg

Did I say they were thick?

aVdSZdr.jpg

Yea, that grill is just way too clean. Time to gunk it up.

aVdT5HS.jpg

Its up to temp, Start Cooking !!!

aVdTfGr.jpg

Sizzle Sizzle

aVdTiaA.jpg

Puff the magic dragon

Pq17D8CJ.jpg

This is the only done shot I could get. They didn't last long. As soon as I got them inside, the troops attacked me. However, they were done a nice medium.

gxgFJfJ.jpg

Huh? You clean the grill before you fire it up?? Firing it up IS my grill cleaning :D I get the bonus of cooking some steaks or something after I get it good and hot ;)

But damn, my grill hasnt been that clean since it was a week old. Did you scrub it out or what? Im not sure mine will EVER get that clean again, short of a sand blaster :shock:

But damn' date=' my grill hasnt been that clean since it was a week old. Did you scrub it out or what? Im not sure mine will EVER get that clean again, short of a sand blaster :shock:[/quote']

All I really did was run it at ??? degrees (needle was buried) for around 20 minutes to burn off the old lump and wood from the 4th. After that, all that was left on the grates was white ash. That came off with the grill brush with no effort at all. Then I just hit them with a hose and dried them off. I applied some PAM Grill Spray on them and then they were good to go.

Bobvoeh, Great looking steaks!!! Good job.

I want to caution you on using Pam. I used to use it also on my grills and as a lubricant. Let me preface my next statement, I have a K so I'm not sure how this applies to you. But Pam gunks up over time. Gunked up the threads on my dome hat so bad I could no longer turn it by hand. Also gunked up on the draft door slide tubes/receiver tubes that led to having to remount the receiver portion in the K.

I've since switched to EVOO and have had no problems since.

Yep, that will get it clean :D

I dont think I have ever buried the needle on the KK, but have cleaned my other grill like that before. On KK I tend to go for 10-15 minutes at about 650 and call it clean. The stuff on the grates flakes off but its not hot or long enough to get the inside walls clean.

Yea, the walls are nice and dirty the way they should be. The inside of the dome is pretty much jet black :D . I have not sprayed anything on the damper screw, just wiped it with olive oil when I put it together. It probably could use a new coat. I have not had a problem with the Grill Pam, it has a different oil in it (Regular has canola) that can resist some higher heat but I only apply it to the cooking grates anyway. Thanks for the tip though. I just try to keep the draft door slides clean. It started to get sticky so I just cleaned them off and now works like new again, probably got some ash in it.