bobvoeh

Cuban Roast Pork, Komodo Style

THey do not like anything spicy' date=' so I'm the one that gets to eat all the bark when I put a rub on it (not that I'm complaining) :-)[/quote']

Alas, Bob, how you suffer for your family. Your willingness to sacrifice on their behalf is admirable! Well done, Bob! You're a model for us all. :happy8:

THey do not like anything spicy' date=' so I'm the one that gets to eat all the bark when I put a rub on it (not that I'm complaining) :-)[/quote']

Alas, Bob, how you suffer for your family. Your willingness to sacrifice on their behalf is admirable! Well done, Bob! You're a model for us all. :happy8:

:angel9:

Re: 3 probes in one butt..

Well, there was not much variation in that cook, but I am doing a chuck roll today, and there is 6-7 degrees difference so it is a factor.

I use more than one sometimes, because you might be getting an odd reading due to being in a pocket of fat, or against a bone you can't see.

With the BBQ Guru, the first port gives you your pit temp clip, and one temp probe, port two gives you two more probes, you can use in the pit or in an ice chest in holding products or whatever.

I use the version that has the remote control and love it. It is a pricey little toy though.

For grins, I spent 35 bucks or so, and got a fitting I could fit into the bottom of a Weber kettle when camping.

Pretty funny to have a 650.00 draft controller hanging on a 70.00 bbq :) It does become the talk of the camp or Rv resort depending on where we are. Everyone wants to know why there are wires going into the bbq, and what the little fan goiter is :D

BTW Dennis, are you getting the emails I sent you? I am not getting any response? Maybe I am getting shipped to the junk file ?

I see you were running three probes in your butt..

Was there much difference in their readings or was there enough to warrant using three in the future?

Last but not least, what were they plugged into?

;)