Yesterday was the day. The trucking company gave me a 2 hour window, and a little before 11 A.M., Cinders was delivered---and in pristinely perfect condition, I must say!

I never thought that I would've been grateful for our 4th. of July air conditioning disaster, but at least there was a good thing that came from it. In a nutshell, our brand spanking new 5 ton A.C. "Big Bertha" had a cracked coil. In our attic, water condensed and spilled---right through our living room ceiling! Had we not been home, our entire house would have been flooded. Last week, we had our ceiling replaced, and yesterday the A.C. was repaired. My off topic story is that when Cinders was being delivered, the A.C. people were here doing their work. Our home is atop a knoll, and we have a very steep driveway. There is no way that the trucker could've gotten the K.K. up our driveway. Yep, I pushed too, but the two of us looked pretty comical, getting nowhere. Thanks to the A.C. crew's help, our glass black beauty is safely in our outdoor cooking area. GAWD, she is a beauty all right.

Thanking Professor Salt for his posted directions on how to remove the outer "cage" of the crate in one piece. Today was my day to use the included hammer and crowbar to dissolve aggressions, and I took the entire crate apart, piece by piece. It's now in a dumpster next to our house.

Purchasing Jammie's from JohnnyBoy was spot on the right thing to do. I can't express enough how easy it is to dress and undress Cinders---a few seconds. So now you all know, I've probably dressed and undressed Cinders 20 times in the past 3/4 of a day. Knowing that our K.K. is protected from the elements is more than comforting. I can't stop looking at her. Besides the beautiful packing job that Dennis gives these babies who travel such a long distance, I cannot get over the off the charts exceptional quality of Komodo. Yes, I've seen the pics this last year, and yes I've "read" of the quality. Until you are face to face, and able to touch (dare I say fondle), there is no way to fully understand---but I sure as heck do now.

I did opt for the gas igniter option, and on Monday, I'm having the hose to my infrared gasser, have a diverter hose that will attach to the K.K. Needless to say, I am going to be darkening the insides of our cooker, just as soon as I can!

Cheers all. Glad to be on board.

Jeff

gxxOOBS.jpg

Jeff.jpg

Wow Sanny, it feels like you know me---you are so right about forthcoming cooking pics---and when appropriate, the recipes too! For my first cook I'm considering that Tuscan Chicken a la mattone I posted about, or a "Beer Butt" chicken. I eat lots more than chicken, but chicken is the first dish that I want to do on my K.K. The cooker on the right (in the original pic of my opening post) is a "low and slow" electric smoker---it produces succulence beyond compare. The cooker in the middle is as powerful as a nuclear reactor. Even on low, I can't do chicken pieces in my Solaire. It's great for steaks and chops. I've also learned how to get a "LOW" temperature of 800º to produce delicious pizza. I realize that Komodo will be the one cooker that can do every type of cook (and over charcoal too, yay!), but because at present I am not able to do moderate temperature cooks that will give me juicy chicken with crispy skin, it's the first type of cook I'm planning. The frustrating thing is that we're going out of town, and I won't be using my K.K. for a week or so.

I don't know if this has been posted by anyone in the past or not, but with Jammies on an OTB, the effect is Darth Vader-like---SO cool! Just for you Sanny, a late in the day piccy of my kids, tucked into bed for the night. The Jammies that JohnnyBoy made for my gasser are there for your enjoyment too!

Cheers,

J

gxy30qJ.jpg