BigT

Lid Falling Apart

Well, this hardly seems to be a happy camper thread. :roll: A little more detail would probably be appropriate if you are looking for help? I am sure Dennis will be more than happy to take care of this situation given the chance!:? Could be something simple, but reguardless it will get fixed.

Also, moving topic since this is a KK question.

-=Jasen=-

Maybe even a picture...

Maybe even a picture... my first cooker was dropped from an airplane, well, that's what the crate looked like anyway (I guess the second wasn't a whole let better).

I may have some experience here. FWIW don't lose any sleep, you will get what you paid for (at least, perhaps more)

It's NOT falling apart.. it's broken.

Just out of principal to set the record straight.. It's NOT falling apart, it's broken.

Falling apart implies poor quality.. KOmodos are over built and don't fall apart. But things can go wrong and things can break or be broken, even on the space shuttle..

Here's a shot of the damaged KOmodo.

TomGBreak.jpg

I can honestly say that this is a very strange break.. I've had cookers in which the strap was cast too far to the outside and they tore out the back.. The torque twists the strap the other way.. not to the inside.

When I received his Email this morning, I immediately called him, asked how it happened and asked him to send more shots so I could better understand what had happened. Which he said he would.

He also said he loved his KOmodo and was upset about not being able to use it.. He was very polite and thankful for my call and my reassurance that I would take care of it for him. His tone and demeanor was very different from this post which of course I'm not very pleased about.

I'm guessing the tone of his post was just reflecting his frustration with not being able to cook today.. As he has told me last November after his first cook that his KOmodo was amazing..

;)

Next week is KOmodos' 5 year anniversary. It has been a long road with pot holes and bumps.. Design flaws and problems are usually discovered in the factory but of course sometimes occur after use at the customer's home. My policy is to just swap them out, which has happened more than a couple of times. BTW This is always done at no expense to the customer. We have learned from these problems/disasters and made changes that make KOmodos even better.

Tom.. I'm confidant that after my call you know will be taken care of.

Lid Falling Apart

For you readers I did not prop it up or place anything under the lid. I was having problems with the latch over the last few weeks and I guess it was a manufacturing issue. To set the record straight I was very frustrated after continually giving praise to the Komodo to my guests. I spoke with Dennis and he is replacing the unit. So yes I am a happy camper and the customer service is great. Worse yet is that I had to fire up the gasser. It's going to be a lonely few weeks until I get the new one.

Broken Lid

For you readers I did not prop it up or place anything under the lid. I was having problems with the latch over the last few weeks and I guess it was a manufacturing issue. To set the record straight I was very frustrated after continually giving praise to the Komodo to my guests. I spoke with Dennis and he is replacing the unit. So yes I am a happy camper and the customer service is great. Worse yet is that I had to fire up the gasser. It's going to be a lonely few weeks until I get the new one.

I saw another photo from the rear and it was definitely a strap placement problem. The strap moved inside the mold during the casting process.. I've had these before and we have figured out a way to ensure the strap's position is always where it should be..

He won't have to endure even one lonely week as his replacement's delivery has already been booked.

;);)

Gotta love a happy ending! :D

In the chance that any people that are new to KomodoKamado come to this forum, read this topic, and start to have any doubts whatsoever about the quality of KomadoKamado (the cookers or the company itself) I can help put those to rest...

I love to cook; however, my budget did not allow for me to purchase one of the new model KK's. As a result I purchased a 2006 model at a discounted price (this was several weeks ago). Although there have been several improvements made since 2006, my cooker is a wonderful piece of art that happens to be the best vessel I have ever had the pleasure of cooking in. I have had no major issues whatsoever with my KK, only one small issue with my lower draft door handle being slightly loose. Despite the fact that I bought the "budget" KK, Dennis has always treated me like I am his best customer. He quickly answered my email and told me exactly what needed to be done to correct the problem.

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to buy the KK referenced in this post (for my brother, who happened to live locally).

http://komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2428

This KK was sitting at a customer's house and it needed to be removed ASAP, and Dennis had to get rid of it for at/below his cost. As with my KK, there were no major issues; however, this KK was even older than my 2006 model and it was textured instead of tiled (which Dennis eventually stopped doing because he decided he couldn't keep the quality up to his incredibly high standards). At any rate, even though Dennis made no money on this KK, he admirably handled my barrage of email questions.

The bottom line is that KomadoKamado will always take care of its customers, and it will always have a fan in me.

-Ben

If that doesn't sell you on KomodoKamado; I doubt there's anything that will.

Customer service is a hot ticket these days; and an attribute we've missed in the U.S. for a long time now.

You're awesome Dennis. Thanks (from one little person) for doing your best and bringing customer service back!!

For those in doubt; many of us experienced first hand what it's like not having those attributes in a company. Definitely not worth the few bucks you might "think" you're saving up front.

And unlike some other product forums if you post pictures here of a damaged Kooker you don't get your post deleted and your account suspended!!! You get help!!!

And if you don't post pictures of the damage the owner posts them for you! :)

No product is ever perfect, but Dennis not only acknowledges his issues and fixes the warranty items but then goes back to the assembly line with an instrument of torture (or innovation, as the case may be) to ensure it never happens again. I'm constantly amazed at how far out of his way Dennis goes to right a wrong.

Happy camper threads get boring after a while, sometimes to change things up it's nice to see the response to an occasional issue. :P

Re: Broken Lid

Dennis, this is very similar to picking a wife. You simply CANNOT make an informed decision without a photo from the rear to verify strap placement! :headset::happy6:

I saw another photo from the rear and it was definitely a strap placement problem.

;);)