ThreeDJ16

Rotis Chicken & New Tators

Looks great Deej, great idea with the "suspended" guru probe...

If you have it underneath the chook don't you run the danger of drippings (and your probe temp going awry?)

Did you get crispy skin??

Guess it is hard to tell in the pics, but the probe is actually at the same height as the chicken and towards the front of the grill. The last pic with the chicken in the grill, the probe is removed and I am doing the high temp part of the cook.

Most of the skin was crispy. Might should have started the high temp portion of the cook a little earlier.

-=Jasen=-

Re: That's the ticket

Now you are talking' date=' that's exactly what I had in mind. Taters and chicken at the same time. That's why I need one of those grills... Dennis are you cranking these out yet? :([/quote']

I had to cut off two of the rods that run across the grate. My original was bigger than this one....but when I actually put food in the rotis, the screws on the clamps hit the vegge grill. So it had to be made smaller. But it did work great. Thanks for the idea of using it with the rotis. Hopefully Dennis will start making some, but the challenge is always making something that will retrofit without customers having to modify their grill.

-=Jasen=-

I know' date=' I'm weird.[/quote']

I hate to say it, but you don't hide it very well :)

Now I see the utility of your baby upper grill, DJ. Good job and looks delicious. Although given your avatar I may have to call you DEET-J since I'm tempted to dose my monitor with Off. :D

Now I see the utility of your baby upper grill, DJ. Good job and looks delicious. Although given your avatar I may have to call you DEET-J since I'm tempted to dose my monitor with Off. :D

FYI, that was the first time I used the vegge grill with the rotis, but I use it quite often to park meats as they finish. It is pretty convenient place to put stuff when almost finished while I fast cook vegees like zucchini too. I have a square pan with holes in it for vegges on the sear grill. Working on a better handle for it now.

A good while back, seemed we were having a most annoying avatar contest..hehehe. Any of them with motion tend to be distracting....but I really like this one. Naturally Gerard usually wins with the most distasteful avatars. :roll:

-=Jasen=-