smokykensbbq

Spatchcock Chicken

Interesting observation Fetz - just out of curiosity' date=' why remove the foil? I typically use it to cook the taters a bit faster and to hold on the butter and seasonings. What are your thoughts?[/quote']

I poke some holes, coat them with EVOO roll in kosher salt and cracked pepper and toss em on. I like the flavor they pick up from the lump, I guess if you didn't want or like that, then foil is permissible.

Do you really think it increases the cooking speed? I'll have to think about that one....

I tend to think so as it holds in the steam. It seems to me that the taters bake and steam at the same time when wrapped properly in the foil. Also, if there is a flare up, then the foil helps to protect the skin. I eat the whole tater when I am home as I am the one that scrubs 'em clean! :lol:

Im with Fetz, except I only use the oil and salt, no pepper.

I really like the thin, slightly crispy, papery skin you get when you do them this way without foil. I am also not sure foil increases the cooking speed.

I'm also a no foil guy. For the same reasons FM has. Eat the tater meat, then add a glob of butter to a folded skin. Oh my, doesn't get much better than that.

Re: My less than a cent

With foil - it's a steamed potato.

Without foil - it's a roasted potato.

Depends on what you want, I suppose. There's a reason or preference for each. :bounce:

Yo Sanny; where's baked potato on your list?

I just have to know what it is that makes it a baked potato. :lol:

(forgive me for trying to be funny) :smt021