Naldo

First Kook--Brisket

Hello All,

Personally, I am not a big fan of brisket---it's a tricky cut of meat that needs careful attention in order to end up with a moist and tender product. In fact, there have been some interesting posts on this forum lately on the subject.

This was our first cook last weekend (week before), and it came out pretty good. As discussed here by others, moving forward I will stick with chuck roasts or rolls.

Dry rubbed with garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, paprika, and black pepper, then slathered with French's mustard.

aV1ZQtOr.jpg

Loaded on our KK (our first meat!), and getting ready for it's long journey and transformation...I did heat deflector on the basket, drip pan on the lower grill and the meat on the main grill. If I do brisket again, it will be on the upper grill.

gx2eBYLi.jpg

After 11 hours on the KK, and some down time in a cooler, we sliced it up and ate it up!

aV1ZSE_i.jpg

Like I said, not my favorite cut of meat for smoking, but we made sandwiches and had bakers and sauteed bok choy with this--I forgot to get a plate shot. Any way, for my first cook on a ceramic in about 5 years, I was very pleased with performance of the KK.

Very nice looking Naldo.

Was your down time in a cooler at cold temps or just wrapped in foil and placed in an insulated container? Reason I ask is cold temp is one of my techniques I currently use. Quickly gets the already done brisket down to lower temps so the juices don't flow out.

http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1667

-=Jasen=-

Wow, thanks for the link to that. I don't know how I missed that one while I was doing my research on this site over the last few months.

That's the best looking brisket from a smoker I have ever seen, so I will definitely try your tip in the future. ;-)

Thanks again, DJ!

-Naldo

Wow, thanks for the link to that. I don't know how I missed that one while I was doing my research on this site over the last few months.

That's the best looking brisket from a smoker I have ever seen, so I will definitely try your tip in the future. ;-)

Thanks again, DJ!

-Naldo

It was buried in the photo section. I have since placed a link to it in the technique section.

Thanks!

-=Jasen=-