DennisLinkletter

My OTB Gen 2.2 is a finished product.

This forum is loaded with my OTB's trials and tribulations over the last two years. I have basically modified and improved or decided it was best the way it is for every component and all materials on the cooker. Some of them more than once but I can now say that I'm content with everything and you should not be expecting any significant changes in the near future or even the semi-distant future.

I'm now going to focus on building cabinets both full and partial that attach to the cookers as well as finally delivering two different side tables which by the way I will be offering for sale this week.

I've downsized the woodworking factory as it was just flat out wearing me out. Life's short and I was feeling like I was not spending as much time with my daughter and KOmodo as I wanted to be. For those of you who have missed it, I am also moving the family one island east to Bali.. only 30 minutes by plane, 12 hours by car but a world away as it's Hindu as opposed to Islamic Java. I probably won't move the KOmodo factory until this winter.

I had a great June, luke warm July and Aug could be better. I will be posting another container of mostly blue and black cookers this week, if you know of anybody sitting on the fence, I'd appreciate you giving them a nudge and having them write me.. It looks like this economic downturn has slowed my sales, any help you can give by promoting KOmodo would be greatly appreciated.

I'm happy to call any interested parties and answer any and all questions they may have about KOmodo or ceramic cooking in general, just send me a number and best time morning or evening to call.

;);)

Re: I'd quit the wood tomorrow.

All the best for you future ventures (you'll still be selling KK's right?)

If I had my way, I'd be out of the woodworking in a year or two.

If we could get AU buying KKs during our winter (their summer)..

I'd quit the wood tomorrow.

;);)

Patience grasshoper.. It will come.. You have built a better mousetrap

Rory

I'd have to agree after just doing a 24 hour 225 deg cook!

There's not much more Dennis can do now that the Gen 2.2 was released. The grout was the last major hurdle (except for a few minor changes) and once I saw nanotechnology being used with nanospheres for insulating properties for the grout material and using it as the adhesive, I was onboard bigtime.

Anyway, I just finished doing a 225 degree cook for 24 hours. I filled the basket up to the top of the side (not the handle area where the heat deflector would sit). I was just wanting to get used to the damper adjustments. I ended up running it at 250 to 225 degrees for 24 hours and then shut it down. When I opened the KK up I still had 1/3 of my lump still left in the charcoal basket. I think I could have gone around 36 hours straight and that wasn't even trying to pile the lump in to do longer. The bad thing is, what can I cook for 36 hours straight??????

Simply amazing! You get what you pay for and this has been one of the most pleasurable purchases I have ever made. :D

Re: I'd have to agree after just doing a 24 hour 225 deg coo

(We interrupt this thread for an important message.) :offtopic:

Anyway' date=' I just finished doing a 225 degree cook for 24 hours...[/quote']

Uh huh... sure you did. I think you just IMAGINED it. You must have - no pics, and you didn't even tell what you cooked! :wink:

(P.S. Don't feed the trolls. :) )

(We now return you to your regularly scheduled topic, in progress...) :ontopic:

didn't cook anything - I know Bad Boy!

Sorry gang, I didn't cook anything. I just wanted to get the temp control down. Next time I'll take some shots of before/after just for "proof". I did have the remaining lump in the basket but I did some spatchcock birds last night so the level of the lump is different.

Sometimes, it's just way too fun playing with fire.