ThreeDJ16

Eat Your Hearts Out!!

Ok, here it is, the long anticipated Pimp My Smokey Joe version 2.0! Just goes to prove that BBQ will find a way. Hell, with this fine machine, I might cancel my KK order - Mahwahahahaha - wait - that ain't even funny - just kidding there Dennis - hurry up with my new grill!!! The first one of you who points out that this is a Komodo cooking thread gets it - I am coming to your house, making fun of your cooking and stealing your grill (unless it is a k - then you can keep it) - got it!!!

I ended up using some roofing flashing, pop riveting it together, then used some more pop rivets to support moving the grill up higher away from the coals and lastly a pie pan deflector (thanks for that idea Firemonkey - works great). Suprisingly, as a whole, it works pretty damn good. After some intial Guru tweaking, it has been puffing away around 230-235 for about an hour. Got a small shank end of a shoulder waiting in the fridge for some Que tomorrow!

-=Jasen=-

Freshing rubbed ribs relaxing after a very close St. Louis style haircut!

dscn0914medium9jn.jpg

Close fit!

dscn0921medium6hk.jpg

My Guru buddy!

dscn0920medium9fj.jpg

SMOKIN"

dscn0922medium22cv.jpg

Re: Thats not a smokey joe...

You turned it into a WSM!

??? Huh?? Maybe I am not the only one drinking!

BTW, the ribs are looking beautiful - about 1 more hour to go - Mmmm! Temp swings are more than with a ceramic grill, but whats +/-5 degrees.

-=Jasen=-

Ok, did a little digging - is this what your talking about - http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/grill/2005 ... _smk.aspx?? Abbreviating things to drunk people is just not a good idea - hehe.

Wow!

Isn't it funny how things turn out. That was the best (though very small) set of ribs I have eaten in quite a while. I had not basted ribs in a long time and Dennis got me thinking about that this morning. So I made up one of my old simple basting mops that I usually reserve for chicken - cider vinegar, salt and ground chiles. Sure wish I had more ribs left over! :wink:

-=Jasen=-

dscn0923medium0yb.jpg

dscn0926medium3bj.jpg

Mmmm!

Well, I am cooking the BBQ today, for tomorrow. It ain't much, but enough that it will do. A small shank end part of a shoulder fit nicely on my little make shift smoker. The ribs turned out so nice, I am very curious how this will do.

-=Jasen=-

dscn0931medium5ii.jpg

I am also a huge fan of creole & cajun cooking (any out there - please post recipes). Anyway, it is Monday so I thought I would stick with tradition and make up a big ole pot of Red Beans and Rice for supper. Here are the humble beginnings (and no, the beans ain't in it yet - their relaxing in some broth). Mostly right out of a Paul Prudhomme recipe book (slight variation); I mean you can't beat his recipes - they are the best!

dscn0929medium4bh.jpg

God, I am hungry looking at it! And the smell is out of this world!

Que for the 4th is done!!

Well, I just finished up the BBQ for tomorrow (not a lot, but enough for me and the wife anyway). The real shocker was how long I keep that little smokey joe running - wow - 11 hours with no charcoal additions or relights! I must say that really makes a strong case for Shotgun Fred's products as I gave it a good workout today. Naturally it is not nearly as tight with temps like the ceramics are "Sigh"; I guess I will be back in that boat soon enough - actually, never soon enough!

-=Jasen=-

dscn0939medium3yb.jpg

dscn0941medium5np.jpg

See Gerard, that's the difference between me and you. I told him it looked great and almost had a smell. Then I threw up and left him in his little tinfoil world thinking he was doing something. And you, you just get straight to the vomit don't you? :(

You need a good woman like Sanny to inject some happiness in your life :P

Oh I am so gonna get even!!

Ouch Dudes, that is really cold - I am soooo gonna get even! Luckily I am too busy making tator salad and green beans than to fool with the likes of ya'll! Oh yeah, Gerard, may a Creole born cat come into your office and puke on you - hehe! Ok, so I suck at the voodoo thing, but I am making up a little Gerard voodoo doll very soon!

-=Jasen=-