ThreeDJ16

Jerk Chops & Parmesan Cream Asparagus

Ok sorry, no fancy odd named pork here. Just plain ole regular fed pig...no clover fields or free ranging. If one asked locally for Waygu or whatever those other names were, there would be an awkward silence followed by a waygwhat? :roll: Though most of our pork now is too lean to me and would not mind the opportunity to try some chops with more marbling. But frankly some pics of the high end steaks turn me off to it. My preference is nice fat marbling in the meat, not nice meat marbling in my fat.

-=Jasen=-

Ran out of Walkerswood jerk and tried Busha Browne instead. Very similar flavor with the Walkerswood being more spicy....I like spicy!

dscn1775mediumgh2.jpg

Since pimento wood is hard to come by, had to settle for the allspice berries in the foil trick. I let them hang in the smoke for a bit before searing.

dscn1777mediumhd5.jpg

Got some nice flame action going on these chops. Scorches the season a bit, but I like the charring.

dscn1782mediumav0.jpg

Might also be a faux pas in foodie circles, but around here, paper plates don't seem to change the flavor of my food. :D

The cream sauce was surprisingly good with the jerk pork (when is cream sauce not good..right?). Chose that thinking it might be needed to cool the taste buds...but the jerk season was mild. Next time, may make my own jerk season so it can be as hot as I want it!! :angryfire:

dscn1785mediumtv1.jpg