primeats

Oktoberfest here in Wilmette

A preview of tomorrow's festivities, and some previous cooks for our local NBC affiliate's morning news segment on August 31st.

Spatchcock and ribs

Pq1SKm99.jpg

Pq1SKG6i.jpg

gx1DlMnr.jpg

While they were cooking this was goin on at the shop--all beef wieners!

aV1RDVi9.jpg

The maiden voyage of the Kooker Enterprise:"Twas the night(okay it was daytime)before Oktoberfest on Ridge Road!

gx1DmcP0.jpg

gx1Dmkir.jpg

aV1REAHA.jpg

gx1DoMXi.jpg

And while the ribs were cooking outside, we smoked these pork loins inside in the smokehouse:

aV1RGQSJ.jpg

gx1DpfT0.jpg[/ur

Rib tips done right before closing, Heeyyy! there's some missing!

Spell check is down again so bear with me!!

Pq1SSSqS.jpg

Private label BBQ sauce, eh? So is that a recipe you want to share? :P

Whats the story on the matte terracotta grill you had out in the front of the store? Is that the new soft grout? Is it fully coated inside and out with it, or was this just coincidentally the moment in time where the interior had darkened to match the outside?

Those fresh dogs looked tasty. What all goes into them when you make them?

This was the first cook on "Enterprise" too chicken to move the thing down the steps. As a matter of fact it took a header right down three concrete steps, nothing happened. Until I opened the lid and shut it, the darned thing split right in two...Just kiddin Dennis all is well! This is the display model from a few months ago, and I thought it'd be a great time to cook outside, and with our local streetlong Ridgefest/Oktoberfest, what a great way to spark some interest. Had to use my grills from home as someone needed a set for their new cooker,Dennis you called in the nick of time a couple of more days and they would have been soiled!

The sauce is just a private label from Newlywed Foods, sortof a knock of of your favorite commercial sauces( some people actually think we bottle it here). Don't know if this has the soft grout or not,how can one tell? And the inside is caramel colored from the charcoal and cherrywood chips. The ribs were deelicious( I actually sold one still hot!) My butch couldn't eat any today..Friday.. some left over Euroean tradition(actually Catholic) that was never rectified in Poland while it was under Soviet rule. He's gonna have some for breakfast tomorrow though!

Those fresh dogs looked tasty. What all goes into them when

Those fresh dogs looked tasty. What all goes into them when you make them?

Don't ask, if you really want to enjoy them!! All kidding aside, these are all beef( like regular ground beef, around 75% lean) It's a spice formulation from P.S. Seasonings in Northern Wisconsin, same place I got the smokehouse. A little too spicy for the kids, but most everybody else likes them, and if I add a large amount of garlic, and stuff them into a larger casing, we've got knockwurst!

Thanks, Mike.

We used a ramp,the ones you make with 2- 2x6's and the metal angled doo-hickey you would use to load something like a riding lawnmower into the back of a truck, my butcher Janus(John) and I then slowly lowered it down. It was going to be either very easy or very fast! Getting it back up the ramp was another story, took the lid off first, then pushed it up. Hey Dennis, thanks for using some very heavy duty casters!!! We must have printed about 20/30 flyers for the KK, actually ran out of ink..next time we'll use Kinko's! Some very impressed customers, we went through about 100 hot dogs, 150 bratwursts, and 100 Polish sausage and Bockwurst. Not bad for a little Mom and Pop outfit! The two kids made some pretty nice tips after working from 9 to 3 outside. After we closed at 5, I worked security(hah!) across the street at the Church Oktoberfest celebration for about two hours(only four beers..gratis, I work pretty cheap for the Church!) and then walked home(5 blocks). Pretty long day, my wife was still on the couch sleeping when I got home, good thing she didn't go to the party , I would have had a terrific headache the next day!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.