DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

12 hours ago, tony b said:

For the Record - that pork loin was wrapped in caul fat. That was a major score! My local butcher can almost never get me caul fat when I ask for it. It's the fatty membrane layer that holds all the internal organs in. An almost "must have" if you're making a nice pate or terrine. Bacon is actually a 2nd class substitute in that case. (I know, heresy, bacon is king for almost everything else!)

Thanks for that.................I was wondering?????

f1149fd8eb36e1a2991085a1ec7eca38.jpg2800732f6679f367623b5dbd98fc3b7f.jpg970073e826aea487de841b7472f0710e.jpgf9f7fdf24cc1d4f849f57c2cc4cb93f4.jpg

Made a few Cornish game hens. Did indirect at 350 and stuffed with a self inspired paleo stuffing.
The stuffing was andouille, sweet potato, mushroom, and onions.

The pickle is a half sour I made myself for the first time. They came out way better than any store bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On March 4, 2018 at 4:28 PM, MacKenzie said:

EGGARY, that is a beautiful chicken, lovely colour. :) :smt023:smt023

Thank you so much MacKenzie.  LOL

That wasn't my chicken.  I was writing about the MEATER.  I just hope all my chickens look that good.  I will use the picture as an inspiration.

Tonight's inspiration - lox & bagels, but on a pizza. Sesame seed crust, red onion, grape tomatoes dressed with Dizzy Pig Raging River rub, done in the KK on the stone @ 425F for 15 minutes, then finished with herbed goat cheese, smoked salmon and dressed with dill/parsley/capers in lemon infused EVOO. Confession - dough was purchased, not homemade this time. 

5aaefc6fcaa53_LoxBagelPizza.thumb.jpg.26a2c179645814f0a539ab8179cdce93.jpg

Thinking the leftovers will be breakfast tomorrow with some hard boiled egg on top! 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, tony b said:

Tonight's inspiration - lox & bagels, but on a pizza. Sesame seed crust, red onion, grape tomatoes dressed with Dizzy Pig Raging River rub, done in the KK on the stone @ 425F for 15 minutes, then finished with herbed goat cheese, smoked salmon and dressed with dill/parsley/capers in lemon infused EVOO. Confession - dough was purchased, not homemade this time. 

5aaefc6fcaa53_LoxBagelPizza.thumb.jpg.26a2c179645814f0a539ab8179cdce93.jpg

Thinking the leftovers will be breakfast tomorrow with some hard boiled egg on top! 

Look up PRETZEL.  I am not a big fan of Lox but the Lox would be best put on after the baking of the Pizza/Bagel.  It does look interesting.  Next time bake the Pizza Dough with the Sesame Seeds and/or Poppy Seeds.   Let it cool a bit.  Then put some Cream Cheese, the Lox, and some Red Onion, and if you like Capers, go for it.