DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

16 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

I like any type of pizza including carrot pizza but I tend to put a lot of toppings on mine and like my KK to be no hotter than 550F and the stone higher than 450F, probably more like 500F.  I am doing one this evening but it is sooo cold and windy outside that I'll probably use the kitchen oven. :( 

I like my pies with a lot of toppings, while my wife prefers fewer, mostly veggie toppings, but - carrot???!!! :smt073 

I'm not telling Charlane about that for fear she might want to try it... I've got to draw the line somewhere! 

17 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

amusedtodeath, you should try it, it is tasty.:)

Ok, I have to admit, that looks pretty tasty - I don't see how one little piece of carrot could do any harm. :)

19 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

amusedtodeath, just wait until your wife gets back, she is going to know what you did. :smt077

Holy cow, I know. I'm going to do a big reorganize of my cabinets before she comes home...i may have to ditch some older spices to make room... :pottytrain5:

My pizzas take about 5-6 minutes when I’m the 500-600 range. I do thin crust. I just read Ken Forkish’s pizza book and I’m thinking of adding the cheese when there are only a few minutes left. My cheese cooks way quicker than everything else.
I’ve had such a swing of experiences with my pizzas it’s my nemesis right now. Limiting my carbs so pizza night is only once a month so it’s a long wait in between victories or failures. Literally launched my failed pizza into the meadow next to my house last time. The pizza wheel makes a good launcher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, amusedtodeath said:

I'm going to do a big reorganize of my cabinets before she comes home...i may have to ditch some older spices to make room...

Could use some tips on that one! :laughing9:

Here's the rack on the back of the pantry door.

5acbd20bdb8e5_PantryDoorSpiceRack.thumb.jpg.522a79d354cefef0d5018405f2b72e9c.jpg

And the rest of the pantry. I can't even walk into it any more! 

5acbd24bdd415_PantrySpiceRack.thumb.jpg.3c1f51a6e57ea1e44141f9bdb201f0e5.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

:smt043

:pint:

I can't resist a Sale, so a lot of what's stashed in there are duplicates. Even if I have a bottle of something already, if I can get another one for 25% off - SOLD!! The solution to my problem might have to be my next box of goodies to Aussie and You! :smt115

• Haha 3

Spent a bit of time cleaning Gossamer today and then did a spatchcock chicken. I used some Dizzy Pig rub which I really loved. Got the skin nice and crispy. Broiled some veggies in olive oil and had a very nice meal. All in all a good day. 4a713d99e7976a23502ef9ce1ff09c09.jpg.jpg[/img]0c2b93f45c88529d96d8551eda6769d5.jpg1a29f709c3ee34a835f37c6d531aefc6.jpg1b1f8d4567aada03899c19394968d2da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

17 hours ago, sfdrew28 said:

My pizzas take about 5-6 minutes when I’m the 500-600 range. I do thin crust. I just read Ken Forkish’s pizza book and I’m thinking of adding the cheese when there are only a few minutes left. My cheese cooks way quicker than everything else.
I’ve had such a swing of experiences with my pizzas it’s my nemesis right now. Limiting my carbs so pizza night is only once a month so it’s a long wait in between victories or failures. Literally launched my failed pizza into the meadow next to my house last time. The pizza wheel makes a good launcher emoji23.png

It sounds like we are going to have a similar voyage of discovery here, apart from the scud launcher pizza wheel!  I'll get the stone hotter and dome cooler next time and I too agree that it is nice to have some distinct cheese blobs as opposed to melting it all in from the start.  For the four cheese pizza I put the hard cheeses down first and added the soft cheeses in the last minute or so.  No photos coz the burnt bits were too ugly.  See you when you do your next monthly!

• Like 3