DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

We had a miserable windy wet day yesterday and frost warning for last night so at supper time I put my rubber boots on, the winter jacket and mittens to go out and cover what few things that are in my garden at this point. The temp. today stayed in the 40s and we have a frost warning out for tonight so plants are now put to bed for the night. Maybe later in the week a visit might be more pleasurable for a visit.:smt003

Sorry to hear about your crappy weather, MacKenzie. Ours went from unseasonably hot/humid last week, to very nice over the weekend. Perfect, as I had a dinner party on Saturday night and the predicted showers held off (except for a couple of sprinkles), allowing us to dine on the deck. It's a dinner group, with themed dinners. Saturday's was Australia - needless to say that Aussie wonderful gift of spices and rubs went to good use! Being the host didn't afford me time to take pictures, except here's the pre-game shot before the guests arrived.

20180602_114601.thumb.jpg.b13aebad173eaadbf54615eee6f48b28.jpg

I did the rack of lamb with Bush Lamb seasoning. The other guests supply the other courses. Apps were "shrimp on the bar-bee" with lemon myrtle/purple crack rub & coconut/lemon myrtle/chili dipping sauce. Nice kale salad with mango and chick peas with a vinaigrette dressing with guandong jam. Side dish of roasted veggies with Bush Spices. Dessert was a nice strawberry trifle with lemon myrtle whipped cream. And beside oil cans of Fosters, we drank a lot of Yellow Tail wines, too! A big shout-out to Aussie for making this fun dinner possible - Cheers, Mate!!! :occasion5:

• Like 4