DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

First you have to make sure that the bottom is completely dry otherwise it could crack. Then after you’ve washed it you fill about 80% full of water and put in 1/5 of the amount of water with cooked rice. Cook it for an hour or until the  water and rice become I guess you could call it porridge. And I guess this mixture Fills up the microscopic holes in the Clay. This is a one time only seasoning. And then you’re ready to cook your rice. I’ll post some pictures of some cooked rice LOL

• Thanks 1

Thanks @MacKenzie and @Bruce Pearson

I love the use of chives blossoms, I would try it but the tried for 3 years to get them to bloom at the old house and that they bloom at the new house I think I would be sleeping on the sofa.

@tekobo I needed the temperature to be under 90 degrees, preferably about 70 degrees and it was 90 degrees outside on Friday I  used the ice to drop the temp down in the KK. As for flavor I honestly couldn’t tell you, I really am not a salmon person.  But I enjoy putting a smile on the wife’s face so if dealing with salmon for a few hours does it...

A saying I try to live by “happy wife, happy life!”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

???

I've really enjoyed taking pictures and posting details on some of my cooks on this "everyday cooking" thread. Thanks really very much to y'all that have posted kind comments about some of those cooks. This group is the best. I'll always be looking. 

Edited by amusedtodeath
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

First you have to make sure that the bottom is completely dry otherwise it could crack. Then after you’ve washed it you fill about 80% full of water and put in 1/5 of the amount of water with cooked rice. Cook it for an hour or until the  water and rice become I guess you could call it porridge. And I guess this mixture Fills up the microscopic holes in the Clay. This is a one time only seasoning. And then you’re ready to cook your rice. I’ll post some pictures of some cooked rice LOL

It is a "once and done' seasoning process and every time you use it, it get re-seasoned.  I will find my English instructions and send them to you. 

We always use chicken broth when cooking the rice.......mixed with scallions, fresh ginger & garlic.  Excellent!!!!

Here is a video link about the cooker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYQlW5M4fg4

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Syzygies said:
What wood is your deck? Beautiful. We redid ours in ipe, I just pressure-washed and oiled it again this week.

Thank you, the deck is pressure treated 2x6s. I have it pressure washed every year and then I put a stain on with pad on the end of an extension rod. It goes on very quickly. I need to do it soon.Just in case you think the shine you see is part of the deck, it isn't, that shine is wet from a day of rain.

Edited by MacKenzie

Well I cooked the pork shoulder took 8 1/2 hours. Taste pretty good moist and smoky. Also I am seasoning my komado san rice pot, pictures attached. I’ll cook some rice in it tomorrow. I have to be honest I cooked the pork in the Treager, next one will be in my KK. About 11 minutes left on the rice pot seasoning then let it cool wash and ready to use.

67E086E5-0C30-40DF-858A-4AC9481EF989.jpeg

B45E0786-FBD6-42CD-9E3E-5E51E90788E5.jpeg

• Like 6

Guess it was too much to hope to find a KK at the beach rental, but the view is nice.

02E6A50F-CF8F-4693-9990-77CAC32EEB7B.thumb.jpeg.b0309941403d9128f564f053dbbff677.jpeg

Brought my old Grillgrates and inverted them to create a searing surface. Worked okay, but I like the sear grate on my KK better.

62CAA5F2-6975-465B-B4B8-FB47524B245D.thumb.jpeg.ee28450f5f28252ec78ba482f1de1708.jpeg

Using a gasser for the first time in years...don’t miss it at all! ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi Bruce.  Really looking forward to seeing your rice cook.  Those donabes are so beautiful.  It will be good to see how you find using one. Particularly as your instructions are in Japanese!!!  :ninja:

Edited by tekobo
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Thanks Mac! Rice tomorrow I bought a butane portable stove just for the rice pot. I get the stove tomorrow

We use the butane stoves on the boat with the donabe rice cooker and they work great!!!   You will be very happy with it.

• Thanks 1