DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Six pounds of bacon. Have tried a number of bacon recipes lately, and this is the one I like the best. It's Meathead's Maple Bacon from Amazing Ribs. Have also tried Chris Lilly's from Fire & Smoke, which is similar, and Raichlen's bacon from Project Smoke, which is far too salty. Used the cold smoker with maple chips. Awesome. 

IMG_2008.JPG

• Like 3

I started some pizza dough yesterday and thought I might fire up Little Pebbles but is is just sooooo cold out there and dark, I put in the oven instead.

Dressed and ready to cook. I have read many years ago to put the cheese on first so the dough doesn't get soggy and read it again just recently. I don't think I like this idea and the next pizza will have the cheese on top and I'll see what I think then.

Loaded Pizza.jpg

Baked for 8 mins. at 450F.

Baked Pizza.jpg

Pizza Up Close.jpg

Pizza Edge.jpg

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, HalfSmoke said:

Six pounds of bacon. Have tried a number of bacon recipes lately, and this is the one I like the best. It's Meathead's Maple Bacon from Amazing Ribs. Have also tried Chris Lilly's from Fire & Smoke, which is similar, and Raichlen's bacon from Project Smoke, which is far too salty. Used the cold smoker with maple chips. Awesome.

Meathead's maple bacon was the one I did. Great flavor but I wish it had been more salty. It sure does look good.

I finished using the pizza dough that I started last Fri. It has been fermenting in the fridge for 4 days. A very good friend whose opinion I value sent my this link to the dough recipe. I, also, think it is great. It is quick to make, as it just takes a few seconds to get the gluten to form using the food processor. However there is one big draw back, any time saved useing the food processor is eaten up by cleaning the processor. :( So don't expect to save any time but you will get a great dough for pizza. :)

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/07/basic-new-york-style-pizza-dough.html

The toppings, cherry tomatoes, Monterey Jack cheese, parmesan cheese, KK smoked bacon ends, dehydrated tomatoes ( leather texture), some processed meat that arrived home at Xmas, black olives, anise and fennel seeds.

Toppings.jpg

Pizza is loaded and ready to bake at 455F for 9 mins.

Loaded Pizza.jpg

Baked, the crust is crispy on the outside but chewy on the inside.

Pizza Baked.jpg

You can see how crispy the crust is on  the slice on the right side.

Crispy Crust.jpg

View of the dough crumb.

Pizza Slice.jpg

The bottom crust.

Bottom Crust.jpg

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 4

Quick Thursday night cook..............skirt steaks (for dinner) and chicken breasts (for lunch salads) over cherry wood.  

Didn't do to bad on the timing.........placed the thinner steaks over a small drip pan and placed the chicken directly over the fire.  Both were ready and came off the grill at the same time.  Miracles do still happen :).

Picture just before flipping the steaks.

Double Cook.jpeg

Quick aside...............interesting Christmas gift from one of my daughters.  Have to figure out the best way to test........ put the different salts on the same type of meat for accurate comparison?????

Salts.jpeg

Edited by Jon B.
  • Like 3