DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

1 hour ago, MacKenzie said:

Oh so you were holding back on us. ;):) Sorry to hear your wife was not feeling well. I hope things have improved for here and that she is now feeling better. :)

Much better thanks. Poor gal, she had to eat all of her meals in bed that day.

On a side note, as stated I started Bob before sunrise. A couple hours latter I went to get the wife a latte. I was standing at the counter when the gal (barista) grab my shirt and said, "Oh my God you smell great!! I'm from Texas and your Q smells like home". I went back and gave her a 1/2 rack latter that day.  

• Like 3

Threw some St Louis cut pork ribs on the kk this afternoon. I had 3 slabs that came in a pack from Costco. My original plan was to cut them in half and try them on the octoforks but after I got them on it, there wasn't enough clearance between the meat and the grill basket. I regrouped and put them on the upper grate for an indirect cook.

Have you ever decided to try a couple different rubs for a taste test and then when they were done and cut up, you couldn't remember which was which? Me neither. 

I picked up some silicone bands from amazon and color  coded them for 3 different rubs. Slap yo daddy's regular rub, the hot version of their rub, and Dizzy pig's IPA. 

IMG_4374.JPG

IMG_5556.JPG

IMG_4415.JPG

This is the IPA, I am waiting on family to join me for the rest but I know I like this one. Very tender and moist of course but the flavor is off the charts.

I'll update after I try the others.

• Like 3

I use colored toothpicks when I do this, and I do it fairly often! I thinks it's great fun to do side-by-side comparisons like this.  I have some of these silicone bands, so I'll remember this tip next time, as sometimes the toothpicks burn up.

That's probably the ONLY Dizzy Pig rub that I DON'T have in my spice rack! Go figure?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tony b said:

I use colored toothpicks when I do this, and I do it fairly often! I thinks it's great fun to do side-by-side comparisons like this.  I have some of these silicone bands, so I'll remember this tip next time, as sometimes the toothpicks burn up.

That's probably the ONLY Dizzy Pig rub that I DON'T have in my spice rack! Go figure?

I've had it for a while now and just opened it. It was my favorite of the three.

1 hour ago, Aussie Ora said:

Those ribs look fantastic the rubs look cool ckreef sent me some ipa was a bit hot for me but will try it again to see if my taste buds have changed after tonys dougies wing sauce lol

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

I think I may have burned my tastebuds off a long time ago lol. The "hot" rub didn't taste that spicy to me. I do need to be careful cooking for the rest of my family though.

One of the nice things about that IPA rub was it left a really nice crust on the rib that was delicious. You should give it another try.

• Like 2

I tend to agree Steve, I don't think the Slap Yo Daddy - Hot is as spicy as others in my rack and I'm not talking stuff with ghost peppers either. I'd put this one on the low end of the "Hot" scale. 

@Aussie Ora - easy Grasshopper, it takes time to build up your tolerance to spicy foods. Go slow, my friend, and you will be rewarded with the infamous endorphin rush! :angryfire:

• Like 2