DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Great minds, Aussie. Did burgers last night, too. My buddy came over to help with beermaking and I had asked him what could I make him for dinner and he said, "just a plain old cheeseburger." So, that's what he got. You're right MacKenzie, I have to admit that they were damned tasty. Plus, the weather here is finally turned over and we got to have dinner on the deck. Nice day, all around. 

@Aussie Ora Never seen beets on a burger before - pretty funky to me! 

• Like 1

I spent 7 months traveling the Pacific alone with backpack surfing just out of high school in '78. This included 3 months in AU.. The canned beetroots in hamburgers were VERY difficult for me.. even the remaining juice from them gave me a little gag..  Just as much an acquired taste as Vegimite and Marmite.. both good for a bit of a gag too.. I can eat anything but those are tough. I made a pact with myself that I would eat everything served to me and clean the plate for the trip.. garnish and all.  I alway broke that for beetroot.. but I did learn fast to order them sans beetroot.. Just saying!!

Proof in the pudding: Here I am eating a bi-valve shipworm in Papua / Irian Jaya with local tribe members..
118,000 views on Youtube   "Bizarre Foods got nothing on me baby!"  LOL

• Like 7