DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Update, 2 down and 2 to go. It looked like rain this morning when I was out so I thought I'd better get right at it before breakfast. The 2 worst sides are done and I'm done with the extension ladder. Thrilled with that now to make breakfast. It is going to taste sooooooooo good.:)

Great progress, MacKenzie. You'll have it banged out in no time. 

After having morning coffee and newspaper on the deck, I finished up the gazebo - put on the mosquito netting sides and the little plastic covers on the exposed bolts/nuts. Good to go and just in time - weather forecast for our weekend is bumping 90F, so it'll be nice to sit outside under the shade of the gazebo a sip some cocktails, while smoking something yummy on the KK!

I revived enough to do the last side before breakfast. It's just after 9 AM and cleanup is complete now for the fun stuff, breakfast. :)

The reward-

Reward.thumb.jpg.a1710479469b03cb67248a982fc3558e.jpg

I have some pork belly to smoke next week. I am on the last package and sure do not want to run out of KK smoked bacon. :)

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 5

Nice reward! Purple Crack eggs are still a winner!

@Jon B. - I designed it, but didn't build it myself. The contractor located a foundry up in Dubuque that made the stairs. One of the scariest sights as a homeowner is watching a boom crane in your driveway, with the boom over the top of your house, lowering down a 2000+ lb staircase!!

5933076b70c98_Coonrod2.thumb.JPG.a66b90221d7ff9db2ad194a411c96732.JPG

593307981da52_Coonrod13.thumb.JPG.d0f5aabee4162b48f07668d3acccc457.JPG

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, tony b said:

Nice reward! Purple Crack eggs are still a winner!

@Jon B. - I designed it, but didn't build it myself. The contractor located a foundry up in Dubuque that made the stairs. One of the scariest sights as a homeowner is watching a boom crane in your driveway, with the boom over the top of your house, lowering down a 2000+ lb staircase!!

5933076b70c98_Coonrod2.thumb.JPG.a66b90221d7ff9db2ad194a411c96732.JPG

593307981da52_Coonrod13.thumb.JPG.d0f5aabee4162b48f07668d3acccc457.JPG

Did you use the crane for the KK delivery?

@FotonDrv - no, I built a ramp for the stairs inside the house and 5 of us pushed it from the garage into the foyer, up the stairs, through the house and onto the deck via the kitchen door. We did take the top off to make it a tad lighter. The POSK came off the deck using the same pathway, in reverse order. 

@Paul - believe it or not, the auger mailbox came that way with the house back in '85. All I've done is occasionally paint it.

• Like 1

Especially having done it twice! First with the POSK - only 2 of us muscling it up those stairs with a refrigerator dolly - one agonizing step at a time! And then the second time with the KK. Which is why I got smarter the second time around and built the ramp and recruited more beefy guys! 

• Like 1