DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

inside.thumb.jpg.d966afb2c31c9796574af5f1ac6aa72d.jpgoutside.thumb.jpg.c94b8a5044bbdddc3b9e8dba6f01632b.jpgDigiQ.thumb.jpg.cb3124eab804481e9191cf70660c106d.jpg

So I've been unduly cautious about testing the upper range (475 F) of my DigiQ DX2 BBQ Guru controller. Is my fan powerful enough? Will the probes survive?

However, for consistent results baking sourdough bread, I need all the precision I can get. (Today's version of my evolving recipe is attached.)

On the phone some time ago with BBQ Guru, they suggested protecting the probe as best I could. I picked up this nice piece of bendable copper in the plumbing section of Lowes. The trick is to bend it enough to clear obstacles, but not so much that the probe itself won't slide through. Easy to do by hand.

One opens the top damper wider than for a low & slow, but otherwise my "medium" Pit Viper fan had no trouble reaching cruising altitude, and locking on to 425 F. (My dome reads 450 F, which is where I like to be, modulo concerns that my stone gets too hot, risking burning the crust. My goal here is to learn what temperature works, even if I let the stone preheat for hours.) (I'm waiting on both a new gasket system, and a chance to try the Dennis stone.)

Sourdough Bread-Recipe.pdf

• Like 3

I've been bad about posting cooks, so can't remember if I've posted these. Saw @DennisLinkletter ask for pics. Sorry if these are re-runs.

Paella. Always a winner, especially when you nail the socarrat. 

IMG_2515.thumb.JPG.40b488d0c93676919f31217f2f577d3f.JPG

And four racks of beef plate ribs for our Make Memorial Day Great Again event. Also had two pork butts on there, but they were done before I snapped this.

IMG_2534.thumb.JPG.7142590c7e2ee5f216c6a178c0ee09d3.JPG

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DennisLinkletter said:

Thank you VERY BIG!!

You betcha. One more. Been working on a clone of Papa Del's deep dish, from Champaign-Urbana, IL. My hands down favorite deep dish, and definitely NOT Chicago style. This powered me through 9+ years of student life at University of Illinois (sure as heck wasn't there for the sports). 

IMG_2560.thumb.JPG.4372b48cdc3f08b0eae4de982aeee19a.JPG

If you can get it out of the pan neatly, it isn't Papa Del's. 

IMG_2564.thumb.JPG.552e6bfffe5680aa252ec9a2d11cb047.JPG

• Like 3

Hey I think I may be an aerospace engineer too. I watched every episode of Star Trek at least ten times. Anyway that slice looks soo good even though I prefer a thin crispy crust. I can't wait to do some of the cooks you guys and gals are doing. It pains me so to keep goin to the garage to check on Colossus without being able to do any magic. Soon, turn the page, tomorrow is when the help arrives. Best wishes