DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Marinated a flank steak overnight in soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, smashed garlic, and, olive oil, pepper and cider vinegar. Used some for a dipping sauce.

Seared at 450F then put a heat shield on the lower rack of Little Ms. Pebbles to finish the cooking. I planned to stop just under 140F but ... it went a little higher.

598782505d61b_SearedFlankSteak.thumb.jpg.af2f2b44021804de17ea057af27ed2f7.jpg

59878242f3e21_FlankSteakisDone.thumb.jpg.3a4a93a8142d3948fb523dd51c22c5b8.jpg

This steak was soooooooo moist. 

5987837ec601e_FlankSteakSliced.thumb.jpg.38f5cd32399924c2c0b80c5526170d95.jpg

Plated with baked potato and sauerkraut salad, dipping sauce.

598782499ab12_PlatedFlankSteakDinner.thumb.jpg.085bf5088d4ce5a4e9b72ed33ff6e1b8.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks, Bruce, this is the site where I got the recipe -http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/grilled_marinated_flank_steak/

The only difference is that I used Tamari Sauce.

I put the lower grate in the KK and seared on that and then to finish the cook I moved the flank steak to the main grate and put a heat deflector under the meat.

pizza.thumb.jpeg.2172bac32cbca186a141e03b68969f6a.jpeg

Sunday is often pizza night. Another chance to try the Dennis stone.

Dennis understands the thermodynamics cold, but so do others, such as Fibrament-D. I would have thought this would be like alkaline batteries, the chemistry is settled science, there can be no difference between good brands. But no, there's the issue of "generosity", this stone is shaped for the KK, as wide as can be without restricting airflow, and as thick as can be with a reasonable preheat time.

Baking steels are a different animal, and while they're awesome for, say, burgers, fire control can be tricky for getting them hot enough without scorching pizza.

This stone, on the other hand, was falling off a log easy to get the pizza to come out great. I can't wait to try bread.

• Like 6

pizza.thumb.jpeg.2172bac32cbca186a141e03b68969f6a.jpeg
Sunday is often pizza night. Another chance to try the Dennis stone.
Dennis understands the thermodynamics cold, but so do others, such as Fibrament-D. I would have thought this would be like alkaline batteries, the chemistry is settled science, there can be no difference between good brands. But no, there's the issue of "generosity", this stone is shaped for the KK, as wide as can be without restricting airflow, and as thick as can be with a reasonable preheat time.
Baking steels are a different animal, and while they're awesome for, say, burgers, fire control can be tricky for getting them hot enough without scorching pizza.
This stone, on the other hand, was falling off a log easy to get the pizza to come out great. I can't wait to try bread.
Oh heck, I thought it was my skill that made my pizzas turn out perfect every time. ;)
  • Like 1