DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Thanks, Bruce. :) The orange veggie is squash but I'll have to admit it does look like sweet potato.:)

tquando, thanks. :)  You would have been disappointed in this skin, not at all crispy. It had the sauce on it for the whole cook as well as a water bath underneath. Right now it is in shorthand that even I can hardly read. It is a recipe from a Chinese friend.:) I will write it up today. :) 

Myen-See Gai ( Bean paste Chicken) 

Boil/steep/soak in 1/2C water 8 star anise + 2T fennel seeds for 30 mins.

Into strained water add 5 minced cloves of garlic

3 heaping T of bean paste

1T oyster sauce

4T hoisin

Rub 2/3 of sauce inside and outside of chicken.

Roast 350F uncovered on a rack over ½ inch of water until chicken is cooked.

Skim fat, make a roux, and use to thicken defatted juice.

Add about 1T of light Soy Sauce and +1T lemon juice. I need be you can thicken with a little cornstarch and water.

***** It was suggested that I use Lee Kum Kee Ground Bean Sauce and Lee Kum Kee Oyster Sauce.

Used my La Chamba casserole to make Ciorbă De Perisoare - rice and meatball soup.

This casserole does a marvelous job of sauteing without burning. Most of the veggies came fresh from my garden. I still have tomatoes and peppers on the vine, amazing for this time of year around here.

59ea83857be89_GardenPepper.thumb.jpg.935bec8dc0d1eaed2086b54018609e0a.jpg

Rice, onion, garlic, egg, cooked rice and ground pork beef mix.

Meatballs.thumb.jpg.a71eca92e56590686ec2f1dde8f2e3b3.jpg

Chopped veggies.

59ea839441e15_VeggiesChopped.thumb.jpg.1e6c29e2bd68e35a96cffe740d15336f.jpg

Added the meatballs to the stock and veggies.

59ea8388c80ff_MeatballsAdded.thumb.jpg.bcbfcec1d26ce4fd0a60cf12359f163f.jpg

Served with some micro greens, they are still growing too.

59ea83908e432_SoupisServed.thumb.jpg.32bdfbcdded050c7d5a32201a2c103cb.jpg

There is a lot of stock in comparison to the veggies. I did put a serving or cooked rice in the bottom of the bowl before adding the soup.

This soup is really tasty in fact I had two bowls and had to resist a third. :) 

This soup is based upon https://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Ciorba-De-Perisoare-Pork-and-Rice-Meatball-Soup

• Like 2

I saw this tip the other day and thought I'd give it a try. To avoid those stringy egg white bits when you poach and egg first strain the raw egg through a very fine strainer(a tea strainer will work). That will get rid of the watery part of the egg white. To the remainder add a little lemon juice to help the white to stay together. Pour the egg into water that is nearly boiling but you don't want any movement in the water. Put the egg in a gently as possible. I put a bed of mascarpone on the plate and then after draining the egg put it on top. This is what you get-

59fa4d777eec1_PoachedEgg.thumb.jpg.1935468eba378f7604f12a221571f079.jpg

59fa4d748de6c_EggYokeBroken.thumb.jpg.720f920772ad3649cf1caba1fc9e4761.jpg

It is awesome with that bed of mascarpone. :) I am nearly out of KK bacon, time to get another pork belly. :) 

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 2