DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

I do have to admit, they are one of my "guilty pleasures," as the crust is very good and there's loads of chicken chunks in it. The only fault, believe it or not, is not enough vegetables! I'd be OK with a little less gravy and more veggies. 

Edited by tony b
  • Like 2

On 6/23/2016 at 8:08 PM, Syzygies said:

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

Always have a plan for the after-party. One favorite of mine is from some Spanish cookbook, three pounds of potatoes, an onion, a teaspoon each of salt, black pepper, pimenton, and olive oil to mix. Roast to taste.

The cookware is a La Chamba clay pot from Colombia. My friends and I have many sizes. These are twice as good as the next best option for clay cookware, and this is coming from someone with a serious problem with accumulating cooking equipment; I've probably tried your favorite, if this isn't it. They feel like very dense wood, are so buffered that stove-top cooking behaves like oven cooking, and I've never managed to break one. They're made from micaceous clay; one hears accounts of potters desperate to break their mistakes with similar clay, and all hurling pots like this does is damage the floor. They easily take direct flame. I own some beautiful tagines that collect dust because of La Chamba.

They're the dream stove-top bean pot, worth it for this if they never see another use.

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

Good Mother Stallard beans from Rancho Gordo, inside while I cooked outside on the KK.

Syzygies, which size do you find to be the most useful, especially for use as a bean pot?

I have some of their products and love them, for my casserole I picked the 4 qt size and really like. https://ancientcookware.com/colombia/black-clay-la-chamba-casserole-detail

Nothing will saute onions like one of these. :) I have used it on the kitchen gas stove, in the oven and on the KK. 

Don't you just love that bread that Syzygies made? :smt060

Edited by MacKenzie