DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

2 hours ago, tony b said:

Had high hopes for you, MacKenzie, when I saw all that yummy gravy on the plate next to those fries and then - in snuck that ketchup! :smt046

Gonna convert you to poutine, yet!!  :smt077

That was my exact thoughts. I was a little excited for a moment or two. The ketchup was a total buz kill - LOL 

I didn't know where to post this soo..

My neighbour called guess they were making a recipe and needed a can of beans and since we live outside town it's much easier to borrow from your neighbours. :)

I gave them the beans and received some locally made truffle chocolates,  guess who won on that trade....

Some were filled with maple cream, which I love and this one was filled with maple cream and maybe cranberry, I could not really tell but it tasted delicious and looked beautiful.

A Truffle.jpg

Truffle.jpg

• Like 7

Cured 5.5 pounds of pork belly and smoked it yesterday-

Smoked Bacon.jpg

While the bacon was smoking I did a beef tenderloin in the SV bath. Plated with pressure cooked squash and some fried potato wedges.

SV Steak Dinner.jpg

Sliced and vacuum sealed the bacon today. It is now in the freezer except some samples for tomorrow's breakfast.:)

The slices were so long they wouldn't fit in the bag so I cut them in half. Sounded like a good idea to me as now I can have 2 slices for breakfast instead of one. :) :smt077

Bacon Slices.jpg

• Like 2