Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Komodo Kamado

Register now to gain access to all of our features, ask queries, discuss and lot's more!

Click here to Register!

DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

954 posts in this topic

Six pounds of bacon. Have tried a number of bacon recipes lately, and this is the one I like the best. It's Meathead's Maple Bacon from Amazing Ribs. Have also tried Chris Lilly's from Fire & Smoke, which is similar, and Raichlen's bacon from Project Smoke, which is far too salty. Used the cold smoker with maple chips. Awesome. 

IMG_2008.JPG

2 people like this

Nice kewl madalion and great looking meal. Pie  for breakfast can't beat that that's a breakfast of champions 

I started some pizza dough yesterday and thought I might fire up Little Pebbles but is is just sooooo cold out there and dark, I put in the oven instead.

Dressed and ready to cook. I have read many years ago to put the cheese on first so the dough doesn't get soggy and read it again just recently. I don't think I like this idea and the next pizza will have the cheese on top and I'll see what I think then.

Loaded Pizza.jpg

Baked for 8 mins. at 450F.

Baked Pizza.jpg

Pizza Up Close.jpg

Pizza Edge.jpg

Edited by MacKenzie
2 people like this

I par bake my pizza sometimes especially if any of the ingredients are soggy

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

19 hours ago, HalfSmoke said:

Six pounds of bacon. Have tried a number of bacon recipes lately, and this is the one I like the best. It's Meathead's Maple Bacon from Amazing Ribs. Have also tried Chris Lilly's from Fire & Smoke, which is similar, and Raichlen's bacon from Project Smoke, which is far too salty. Used the cold smoker with maple chips. Awesome.

Meathead's maple bacon was the one I did. Great flavor but I wish it had been more salty. It sure does look good.

Another in house bake today. Made a loaf using a recipe from HalfSmoke's, Field Blend bread for a neighbour.

Field Blend Second Loaf.jpg

Crumb.jpg

Decided to try out an old pan for a loaf of sourdough to see how it would work.

Sourdough Loaf.jpg

Sourdough Loaf Baked.jpg

The taste test. :)

SourDough Crumb.jpg

4 people like this

With you MacKenzie ... and probably like you I determined long ago most recipe writers aren't cooks and most never get tested/made.   Ditto for all things cheese next to the dough nonsense.