DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

For most of us, the Anova is the "gold standard" for home units. It's definitely worth the extra bucks IMHO. My nephew has only used his once so far, so I can't compare them as far as ease of use, reliability, etc. This is the Anova 2.0 version. Most of us have the original. This one has a major improvement, and NO, it's not the Bluetooth part! It's the adjustable height clamp. Allows a lot more flexibility in what size pots/containers you can use with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Put anything inside? I like to put butter, chopped onion, and rosemary inside and let it tumble around during the spin. YUM!

Nothing but Pork Barrel BBQ All American Rub inside and out. Pork Barrel is a local brand (appeared on Shark Tank) and found a giant container of this Rub last year at Costco for $6 or $7. Figured I'd give it a shot and it's become the family favorite on spun chook. It's a savory rub with no sugar. I don't inject or do anything else but truss, spin it at 400° for 1 hour and 40 minutes. Perfect every time unbelievably juicy. 

http://www.porkbarrelbbqstore.com/collections/pork-barrel-bbq-spice-rubs

Sunday fun day...................................tried out a crock pot wings recipe for lunch:

Wings2.jpeg

Cooked them too long in the crock pot and they fell apart under the broiler. ...................but very tasty!

Wings.jpeg

Then for dinner we smoked a 14# turkey.  Stuffed it with apples, oranges & onion.  4 hours at 325* with apple wood smoke. 

Turkey2.jpeg

Turned out great:

Turkey3.jpeg

Made mashed potatoes with skins (with assorted colors), dressing and gravy from the drippings.

Turkey.jpeg

Asleep on the couch by 8:30pm with the big belly blues  :smt023

• Like 4