jdbower

Framingham, MA

new toy

Hi, Jeff

Pleased to meet you, I'm Chuck from Boxford, MA. I just did a post requesting help in deciding which unit to buy, the 19 or the 23.

It's cool that you have both as you are probably the one to ask about this.

Which unit did you get first? How long before you got the second one? And why did you get the second one?

How much were the shipping charges?

How long to get the unit after payment is made?

Thanks, Jeff

Chuck

I got both at the same time, I have the 23" set up with Dennis' extruded coconut charcoal for low temp (<350F or so) cooks and the 19.5" set up with hardwood lump for high temp grilling. This allows me to do things like this weekend when I imagined (was too busy to take pictures so it didn't happen!) that I had a turkey going at 325F in the 23" while I was cooking porterhouses at 500F in the 19.5".

For shipping I'd shoot Dennis an email for a new quote - they change frequently and sometimes dramatically. It will also vary if you need a liftgate (I have a forklift so I could save a bit on that). I special ordered mine and they took roughly a month or so to get to me if I remember correctly. If you find ones you like in the warehouse in CA you can probably get them in a week or two. You can check out the threads here to see if any colors look interesting to you.

ETA once ordered

Shakey,

To put a finer point on the shipping time, I have ordered both of mine out of the CA warehouse. I ordered, paid via internet on a Monday and that following Friday afternoon the KK arrived.

I purchased the larger one first as it was the only size available at the time. I purchased the smaller one for the same reasons jd did, simultaneous-multi-cook capability, but also because I was taken with the stone shaped tile.

In my opinion, if you are going to buy one, the larger will manage anything you want to cook.

T