jdbower

Just a dusting...

That stuff stopped falling from the sky today, do clouds get dandruff? I spot checked a few places and I think I'm edging up on 18". I moved the KK off to the side so the plow wouldn't damage it. Well, it's not damaged. As far as I can tell:

snowedinkksmallly2.jpg

No, it's not behind the snowbank. It's in it. I'm glad I shook off the tractor after the bulk of the snow fell on Saturday, this is just what came down on Sunday:

snowedintractorsmallkk2.jpg

Can I move back to NJ now?

It's supposed to drop down to 6F tonight, the "RealFeel" is -16F. I think another few degrees and the electrons will start spinning into their nuclei - no wonder MIT does a lot of superconductor research up here!

I managed to dig it out, it's fun trying to be delicate with the front end loader. I got pretty close with it, then a little closer with the small snowthrower (that the rest of the snow laughed at), then finally dug it out with a shovel. No damage to the cooker, but the "cover" I was using (the plastic shipping bag) had split down the middle and filled with snow - luckily Johnnyboy to the rescue and he shipped out a proper cover today. I think I'll be storing it in the garage during impending snowstorms from now on so it doesn't get plowed in...

I was at my mother's in north Jersey (near Hackettstown) for XMas day so I know about the rain there, we apparently had some up in MA too because the snow was greatly diminished on the way home. I found it quite fitting that on the way there and back I had to pass through (or at least near) Wanaque, NJ because that's how I felt :)

On the plus side I got a nice propane-powered outdoor wok (a scant 22" - I think I can stir fry an elephant!) and a bunch of hot sauces so I'm ready for spring!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.