Apparently, Viking has a kamado style cooker. It's stainless steel with a ceramic interior. Kind of wild looking.

http://www.vikingrange.com/consumer/pro ... at12020024

Aesthetically I prefer the KK tile, and I couldn't find any detailed info on this product, but thought the group might find it interesting to look at. Since Viking makes a number of different product lines, and they have opted to enter the kamado market, it seems kamado cooking must really be taking hold. Even though I have not bought one yet, I tell everyone I know about KK and send them to this forum to check it out! I keep threatening to buy a Primo Oval because they are cheaper, and the dealer just up the road from me is a friend of mine, but I've got KK stuck in my head.

I saw one 2-3 years back. The ceramic is not as thick and I don't care for the looks - certainly not when compared to the tile. And even with a "discount" off the $5,200 list-price, buying one from, say, barbecues.com will set you back something like $4,600.

But it serves a very useful purpose. First you pretend to lust over the Viking. When your spouse threatens to move out if you spend that much on a BBQ you "compromise" on the KK at half the price. :)

But it serves a very useful purpose. First you pretend to lust over the Viking. When your spouse threatens to move out if you spend that much on a BBQ you "compromise" on the KK at half the price.

Don't you hate it when you have to settle for something like that? :)

I didn't realize it was a Primo underneath. It may be interesting if you have an all-stainless motif going on, but I do like the form and function (and comparative pricing!) of the KK a bit better :)

I'm moving this to the Ceramic World forum where there's a lot of other competitive information.