Firemonkey

Pizza night

I use the stone without the liner, on the top rack, direct heat. I let the stone heat up with the grill, then about 5-10 mins between pies. I cook at about 500-550 degrees dome, depending on your crust thickness.

Note that kk ships with two different stones, one a heat deflector and one a pizza stone. The deflector is smaller and covered with a white coating.

Ahh I did not do the waiting between - Good idea ;-)

I use the stone without the liner, on the top rack, direct heat. I let the stone heat up with the grill, then about 5-10 mins between pies. I cook at about 500-550 degrees dome, depending on your crust thickness.

Ahh I did not do the waiting between but would have to open it up if the topping was browning faster than the crust cooked..

How ever you cook them.. Cooking pizza is lots of fun.. especially if you let everyone make their own pie..

;);)

It came out pretty good, my wife thought is was too smoky so we probably won't do it again. I let the fire go for quite a while but the smoke never really died down even up at 600 degrees. That is the only time since we got the KK that the temp has ever been above 350, so it's possible I could do a few high temp fires and clear out some of the interior tar build up. In fact, some of the smoke from this cook may well have been from the high temp burning out some of the tar. If after some high temp fires I see less smoke billowing out, we might try the pizza again.

Re: Pizza night A little over a week new and it was time to break the KK into pizzas...or maybe the other way around ;) If you're not familiar with Jeff Varasano and his all things neopolitan pizza you don't know what you've been missing! Think Dennis' anal ways for the KK...in the home making real pizza dough world :D : We all benefit! http://www.varasanos.com/PizzaRecipe.htm

n67525 n67526

post-7606-139082405975_thumb.jpg

post-7606-139082405994_thumb.jpg

Took a pizza making class at the local culinary school this past Tuesday. Made a simple dough and tomato sauce. Had leftovers, so today, I fired up the KK (500+F) and made a pie for lunch. That's Spanish chorizo on top, not pepperoni, and I put on some moroccan oil-cured olives, sundried tomatoes, and tossed in a splash of chipotle pepper sauce. Cheese was mostly odds/ends in the fridge, but the majority was Cabot cheddar with bacon! Sorry, forgot to take a picture while on the KK, but here's the final result.

post-975-0-66426300-1411580341_thumb.jpg

Was in the mood for pizza, so whipped up some dough and tossed her on the KK - pizza stone on the upper grill, no heat deflector, 600F in the dome, for 8 minutes. Pre-cooked sausage and bacon, with mushrooms, black olives (salt cured), and fresh onion, mozzarella pearls, and fresh basil. 

Ta -da!

post-975-0-67890400-1411580174_thumb.jpg

An "oh, by the way" - after I took the pizza off the stone and closed the lid, I heard a "tink". So, curiousity got the best of me, so I opened the KK back up to see that my stone had completely broken into two pieces. I guess the rush of cooler air hitting the 600F stone, cracked it. Please note that this was a thinner pizza stone, not the hefty one from Kamodo-Kamado. Just goes to prove that Dennis knows what the hell he's doing!!! 

Awesome Tony. Have never done buffalo mozzarella only. Looks amazing. Great brown on the crust.

Thanks. Forgot to mention that I made the sauce for it, too. Simple - small can of tomato sauce, EVOO, Italian herbs, roasted garlic paste, a splash of red wine, and grated (canned) Parmesan/Romano blend. Heated in a sauce pan until just to simmer. Cooked for about 15 minutes.

Was super busy today prepping for Turkey Day, so I didn't want to really do much for dinner and then I remembered it's Tuesday - $10 large pizza @ Papa Murphy's. So, fired up the KK with the pizza stone and tossed on an herbed chicken Mediterranean, with some extras - marinated artichoke hearts, fresh tomato, and shaker Parm/Romano.

post-975-0-78059200-1448420284_thumb.jpg

post-975-0-42068900-1448420307_thumb.jpg

post-975-0-10215100-1448420325_thumb.jpg