tlinder

KK to Switzerland

I ordered my custom made Komodo Kamado Classic supreme in terra blue Monday evening and on Friday it allready went on the feeder vessel in direction Europe. Thank you Dennis for making it possible in such a small timeframe!

I will post pictures when it arrives. Guess this is going to be the first Komodo Kamado in Switzerland!

I'm so looking forward to my first bbq with it. I have 30 people invited for August 12th and hope really, that the thing is here till then.

Tobias

First I'm labeled as one of the Brat Pack, now I'm compared to Eeyore. I'm starting to like the way RJ talked about me better :cry:

But if you wouldn't have went back and added the smiley..I woulda been outta here :lol:

I wasn't being gloomy, simply stating that the only way the KK would be late, would be because of something out of KK hands...like a Murphy type reason.

I really don't think any one forum needs 2 Gerards :?

ridiculously high charges

The good news is, that the grill should be with me on Friday :D

The bad news is, that I had the idea, that I allready paid for the shippment. Now the shipping company in Switzerland wants another 200$ from me for harbor charges, importing duty charges, importing customs charges, cash on delivery charges (VAT and Importing charges are not included in this).

They are really creative with inventing new charges. Is this normal? It raises the costs of the grill another 10% :cry:

Never heard of all of that. Used to be you'd know all of the cost up front. I'm glad you brought that to our attention so that we can inquire when Dennis gets back.

Is it a Swiss thing maybe? Anybody that has had one delivered to US or Ireland find any hidden charges such as that?

Yep...Especially the Monkey who will always take one for the team! I am sure we would have heard of this before if it were prevalent here.

I can see shipping charges, for direct to door delivery, but harbor charges?! Maybe my geography is rusty, but isnt Switzerland land-locked?!

We are land-locked. I guess they mean the harbor charges in the Netherlands, where the cargo arrived.

Yeah...that really does suck! Is this the first really big thing you've had shipped from overseas? If not, did you not have those weird charges on some of the other stuff?

How on earth do you anticipate those charges and prepare yourself? Is there a way?

Oh well, when you pull off that first big chunk a meat, it'll start to matter a little less...I hope.

I got now the final bill for the following things:

harbor charges

importing duty charges

importing customs charges

cash on delivery charges

VAT

Importing charges

The total is 307 $. That is actually 40 $ more than the whole shippment and fumigation! it's really sick!

But you guys have socialized health care, low or no cost universities, more vacation... ;)