Sesquipedalian

Food cooked on KK question

moisture

Easy, pardner, tcoliver is not offended, just being a little light hearted! Yes, the food retains its' moisture because of the extremely low airflow moving through the cooker. The KK radiates a tremendous amount of heat inside once it is up to temp. It requires very little fuel to burn to maintain its' temp, so very little combustion air is needed to move through it. A metal bodied unit radiates away a tremendous amount of its' heat, therefore requires a constant larger amount of combustion to maintain temp. And thus a lot more airflow which carries away the moisture. You can cook a piece of meat for 12-24 hours in a KK and it will be moist.

Easy Ses - you have to understand that you have been a welcome member on this forum for 2 1/2 years. I am sure the response you got was one of surprise and just checking to see if you were kidding -

To answer your question - In a word Yes! As an example both my parents and my wife's parents love to shop at Costco (don't we all! :lol: ) They used to buy pork tenderloins that came in packs of 12 or 16 cut into thick chops. When they cooked these on their gassers, they got dried out as the cuts of meat are so lean. Even in the oven they did not have much luck. So they all decided that it was the meat that was the culprit and gave up on buying them. That's just about the time my wife exclaimed that we buy them all the time and cook them on the KK and they come out juicy and tender! My father-in-law has since tried them from the KK and could not believe it could be the same cut of meat!

Dennis has created a product that locks in the heat and the moisture. I believe you have a ceramic, correct? Are you finding that the food comes off moist on your cooker?

Sorry Ses, not offended at all, this is a light hearted group over here and we rib each other a lot (pun intended). :D I always forget to use the emoticons :lol::D:lol::D .

To answer your question without being a smart ass, yes, that is probably the biggest benefit of using ceramic cookers and the KK is the best ceramic cooker out there (in my opinion) and therefore has the best moisture retention properties I have found in any cooker. Everything I have cooked comes out VERY moist. Even when heat may get away from you, its very difficult to ruin a piece of meat.

mguerra has stated the scientific reason why very well.

Glad you were not offended, I certainly don!t mind ribbin. Yes I have a different ceramic cooker and it does come out moist on that. I would like a second cooker but I find myself trying to compromise to determine which one I would choose. KK excluded from that group. While the food will come out good on all of them there could be some frustrations in certain areas with any of the choices. You know, the flaws that were addressed in the design of the KK by Dennis. I realize buying a KK would solve the problem unfortunately it presents a couple others.

Convincing the other half to spend that much on a cooker. Not that I absolutely have to get her permission but she doesn!t like expensive things. No, that is not a typo. Especially since I have had very little time for using the one I have.

Trying to decide between the 2 sizes.