DachsieSlave

Some Pics of my first cooks

Well I promised some pictures and here they finally are. My computer died so that has slowed me down some. I now have a laptop from work so I can get a few pictures posted until I build a new one.

My first cook. Chicken breast

554909245_AD7Ei-X2.jpg

First butt

554912435_GntZQ-X2.jpg

554912466_HjzcT-X2.jpg

554912515_GfWE2-X2.jpg

554912590_JfDWf-X2.jpg

554912636_FCuAM-X2.jpg

554912709_VwyVa-X2.jpg

Some ribs, but I guess they never made it to the table, such a shame I imagine they sure were good

554916687_47Sg5-X2.jpg

Had to have a little beef!

554917624_fg25s-X2.jpg

554917668_rKSH5-X2.jpg

554917704_FERzv-X2.jpg

I noticed you applied some mustard before adding the rub.. is this for flavor? or does rub hold better this way?

I don't notice a differance in flavor, but it does help hold the rub on the meat and creates a better bark in my opinion. And yes I rub, wrap in plastic wrap and let rest in the fridge overnight. Then I add a little more rub right before putting on the fire.

Roy

I noticed you applied some mustard before adding the rub.. is this for flavor? or does rub hold better this way?

I don't notice a differance in flavor, but it does help hold the rub on the meat and creates a better bark in my opinion. And yes I rub, wrap in plastic wrap and let rest in the fridge overnight. Then I add a little more rub right before putting on the fire.

Roy

very neat, i've noticed this on a couple of different post around here.. this is something i'm going to try next, gotta love a good rub, and anything to help it stick on is a friend to me!

thanks for the insight!