DachsieSlave

First Multi-butt cook

Put on 6 butts this morning ranging from 5 to almost 8 pounds. Gotta love how Sam's packages them. Put the smallest ones in the middle and the largest on the upper grill, thinking this might shield the smaller ones and even out the time. But with my luck this won't work and it will just make it harder to pull them off first :oops:

562372519_6a8HE-X3.jpg

As you can see here, they turned out not too bad :shock: . The ones on the upper grill finished first, the lower grill about 1.5 hours later, about 13 hrs. total at 220. So putting the smaller ones in the middle on the lower grill worked out pretty well. Sorry no finished pics things got a little hectic. But then who wants to see a bunch of foodsaver bags? Started with about 37 lbs finished with about 20lbs. I think some disappeared during the pull before it got weighed. Not quite sure where it went :roll:

564766910_Zuscb-L.jpg

temps

There's quite a variation in the time it takes individual butts to get done. When you do multiple butts, how do you monitor doneness on all of them? I guess I would put a temp probe in the smallest one, pull it off the fire when done, then probe all the rest and put the probe in the one next most done, and so on. I have a total of three temp probes so could do three at a time no problem.