jdbower

Stoker/Guru blower weatherproofing

Based on mguerra's idea and thanks to an afternoon downpour yesterday I decided it was time to protect my Stoker's fans a bit. It's cheap and easy to do, I used an 8 cup Gladware container (actually, an unbranded version from Target). Just cut a circular hole in the side for the fan and I used a rectangular hole for the airflow. Put the fan's gasket between the plastic and the cooker for a little protection and route the cable out the air hole. I then stuffed the air hole with cheesecloth to help prevent water from splashing or getting sucked in. Took about ten minutes to make one for both my 5CFM and 10CFM fans at a cost of about a dollar each if we include wear and tear on my kitchen shears. The downside is that Gladware is a little flexible so it's easier if I open the container lid to put the fan on, mguerra's container seems a little more solid and being able to mount the blower on the bottom also helps. If it gets annoying it's easy to add a support strut between the back of the blower and the container.

stokerfanprotector.th.jpg