Sanny

Hair dryer

cschaff, I had the OctoForks in to  make sure they would clear the lump. I was using my 16.5 inch KK and there is not a lot of clearance between them and the lump. After I did that I wished I had taken the OF out because I then had to load the hot forks with the meat. I hope I don't make that mistake again. :)  I think my mind was on my new tool and playing with it. :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

cschaff, I had the OctoForks in to  make sure they would clear the lump. I was using my 16.5 inch KK and there is not a lot of clearance between them and the lump. After I did that I wished I had taken the OF out because I then had to load the hot forks with the meat. I hope I don't make that mistake again. :)  I think my mind was on my new tool and playing with it. :) 

HA! That's what I was wondering - if you loaded the forks when they were hot.

On 6/25/2017 at 11:09 AM, tony b said:

Ya'll too funny. Like using a sledgehammer to drive a thumbtack. 

I believe the term of art is "hunting squirrels with a bazooka". It depends how you feel about squirrels. There are times when I really want to buy 20 minutes. This is like a hairdryer, except one doesn't need the heat, and one doesn't have to hassle a cord.

Of course, there's the pyromaniac factor, that drew us to fire for a million years. And drew dogs to us. And look how that worked out!

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:14 AM, CeramicChef said:

I'm a guy that enjoys the Zen of BBQ.  I'll light Beauty! or TheBeast, set my vents, and go in and prep the cook and prep the cook with a good whiskey.  When I'm done prepping the cook and the cook, I go out and things are ready from the KK point of view.  I'm not looking to rush through the best part of the day.

Agreed. The only times I'm in a hurry to get the KK up to temp is when the snow is flying or it's raining sideways. Outside of that I'll have a nice adult beverage in my hand and just wait it out.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2017 at 3:50 AM, MacKenzie said:

And unlike a hair dryer this tool has variable speed for fantastic control. emoji39.png

Will you please give me your model number because I've seen videos and specs that say it has a 3 speed and not variable trigger..

Would hate to buy one send it all the way here and not have it be variable...