Hitman

Yet another Newbie on board

Re: Mug shot?

Since when does a hitman post his own photo?? Must be the mark's photo' date=' so we'll not suspect...[/quote']

Sanny, I'm a killer only on the dance floor. The Hitman moniker comes from my days as a moonlighting DJ.

Speaking of YOUR mug shot, the eyes have it!

JD, yes I did consult the wife re the choice of tiles, and the $$$ came out of MY pocket. All's quiet on the home front.

My KK will be delivered sometime in the next few hours, so gotta go!

Check out my pork tenderloin recipe elsewhere on the forum!

:smt020

your cooker is only inanimate if you let it be so :D with as cool a name as "hitman", you gotta be good at that kind of thing! you should watch lots of episodes of the sopranos and look for names to go with your hitman persona. altho, i'd shy away from some of them...

I did a big party with Shadoe Stevens when he was working here in D.C. Real nice guy --- but a typical DJ, had lots of "air" names during his career.

My KK arrived about an hour ago. Unfortunately, it was badly damaged in shipping --- the vent at the top of the dome is completely broken off, some tiles are cracked, and there is crumbled refractory material inside the unit. As soon as I saw the damage, I took pics and emailed them to Dennis.

I feel sick....

:smt022

My KK arrived about an hour ago. Unfortunately' date=' it was badly damaged in shipping --- the vent at the top of the dome is completely broken off, some tiles are cracked, and there is crumbled refractory material inside the unit. As soon as I saw the damage, I took pics and emailed them to Dennis.[/quote']

That stinks. Really sorry to hear. Rest assured that Dennis will set things right. Did you refuse shipment or was the damage not apparent until you had opened up the crate?

My KK arrived about an hour ago. Unfortunately' date=' it was badly damaged in shipping --- the vent at the top of the dome is completely broken off, some tiles are cracked, and there is crumbled refractory material inside the unit. As soon as I saw the damage, I took pics and emailed them to Dennis.[/quote']

That stinks. Really sorry to hear. Rest assured that Dennis will set things right. Did you refuse shipment or was the damage not apparent until you had opened up the crate?

No way I could see any damage whatsoever from the crate. The wood was not cracked, crushed, splintered, scraped, warped, etc.

Wasn't until I removed the plastic shroud that I noticed the cracked tiles. The delivery guy was long gone by then.

I will work this out with Dennis --- not going to post any pics.

not going to post any pics.

You are right, of course. The condition on delivery has nothing to do with the quality of the product. Some who see the photos of what the delivery people did will get the wrong impression, and blame the mfg. That wouldn't do.

Besides, it would break our hearts to see an injured cooker. :(

Update: got a personal phone call from Dennis a few minutes ago, and worked things out. He offered to ship me another Matte Mixed Green unit from Indonesia, but I didn't want to wait that long, so I picked another beauty from inventory, NB49, in glossy New Blue (looks very aquamarine in the photo) with the light grout. Should be here in a week or so.

So meanwhile, I had just thought of a kewl name for the original cooker: "Humpty Dumpty"! Hopefully Dennis can find some minions who can put the pieces back together.

Life is good, just a minor setback......