smokykensbbq

Eye of Round Roast

I did a second eye of round roast on the KK about a week and half ago that I wanted to share since it came out so good and thought others might want to give it a try. I began by rubbing the eye of round roast with a typical steak seasoning ( believe it was Montreal Steak Seasoning) for flavor and letting it sit for around thirty minutes while the KK was coming up to searing temperatures. Once the KK approached 600 degrees I seared all sides of the roast so that it had a nice grill marks on it. I then removed the sear grill and put back in the lower grill with the heat deflector and the upper grill, where I placed the roast to finish at 350 degrees. I continued to roast the meat until it hit an internal temperature of 130 degrees. I then wrapped the meat in aluminum and a towel and placed it in a cooler for about a half hour and then removed it and sliced it down!

51296248.th.jpg

I use deer to make my jerky for the same reason, virtually no fat. I am hoping to be able to do a nice batch of jerky on the KK this year if things work out! :D

In regards to the eye of round, I usually take the left over’s and slice them down with the electric slicer for roast beef sandwiches! You cannot buy a better lunch meat in the stores.