DennisLinkletter

Leave it out..

I just threw away my fourth maverick....someone has to come up with a better deal

Have the units died or just the probes? The probes that came with my unit (ET-73) are definitely lightly built and I can't imagine them lasting too long. They do have heavier duty probes that are supposed to be better but they are $17 a piece if I remember correctly. I really like being able to see the temperature anywhere in my house unlike the BBQ Guru but I guess with a Guru it doesn't really matter since it just takes care of it anyway (assuming the fire doesn't go out). I still wonder why the BBQ Guru folks don't make a simple remote monitor. I know they have the Procom but I don't really care about control (just monitor) and the price differential between it and the other products seems insane.

Oh well. We'll see how long my Maverick lasts.

The units usually last about 18 months..

I just threw away my fourth maverick....someone has to come up with a better deal

Have the units died or just the probes? The probes that came with my unit (ET-73) are definitely lightly built and I can't imagine them lasting too long. They do have heavier duty probes that are supposed to be better but they are $17 a piece if I remember correctly. .

The units usually last about 18 months which for the price is almost acceptable. I'm real careful with the probes but still have a few good ones. The high humidity here might be part of the problem..