ThreeDJ16

Logo Contest!

Hello! Well, you notice some forum changes going on; so now we need a logo to put at the top! Just post your submissions to this thread and Dennis will judge which one he likes best for the forum! Sorry, no prizes; but you will have the satisfaction of seeing your logo everytime you come to the forum. 8)

-=Jasen=-

I was thinking in terms of something Dennis might actually adopt... not just for the forum. Something that seems primal and exotic, yet sophisticated. I shy away from animals and things that initially seem cool but eventually may appear gaudy or hokey. Going for something long term and conservative:

komodologo1gn.jpg

So this is what I have... color schemes can be tweaked easily. The lettering, to me, seems both wild and smooth. The symbol in the middle is the Japanese Kanji character for "Kamado".

--Mike 8)

I thought it was a salamander. They're associated with fire' date=' after all. Kinda fits with the whole Q thing. Dunno why one would be on the logo, but hey, that's just me. ;)[/quote']

It is supposed to be a Komodo Dragon actually! I don't really like the color, but I have not tweaked it yet. This was a version Majestik was kind enough to whip up for me based on an idea I had last night. I just figured since the name is Komodo, how about a komodo dragon. Here is another version Mike made up for me. As soon as I can figure out photoshop, I will play with the dragon colors. I am thinking charcoal.

drunkj3.jpg

Re: LOGO

message deleted by me

Hey Fubar, what was that slogan again? I thought of place I might put that.

-=Jasen=-[/quote:29b1skhg]

KOMODOKAMADO

Where CUSTOMER SATISFACTION,QUALITY and INNOVATION are our TOP PRIORITIES

everything that is capitalized was supposed to be in blue for emphasis, but it didn't come out that way.[/quote:29b1skhg]

Thanks dude! I think that would be a good slogan for one of the subject areas.

i used to live in a little place called Gouldsboro, PA as a kid. out in the sticks. in the spring/summer, after a rain, you could go out on the state road that went past my house and see all the little salamanders that had come out and gotten squished by cars.

know what squishes a giant Kamado Dragon? nothing! they eat live goats in 3 bites! everything, fur, bone, hooves! they don't chew either! they have serrated teeth, for crying out loud!

they are BAD TO THE BONE and are SECOND TO NONE!

i would like to see a DRAGON! either the fire breathing, flying, chinese-looking thing, or the giant monitor lizard. something that will eat the competition and spit the bones out later!

but that's just me... :D

logo

Jasen. for my 2 cents worth, I agree the dragon looks like a lizard (I'm not sure what a salamander looks like). My suggestion is a larger image of the cooker (maybe slightly open with fire in it and) between the Komado Kamado with Japaneese symbols arched over and under the cooker. Komado and Kamado are relatively unfamiliar words to most, and I think the image will need to be more prominent for quicker recognition of what the product is.

yknow, whoever's little pet lizard-thing that is, my opinion on this should be void. as nice as the lettering, colors, etc. are, i WILL NOT be satisfied unless DANGER is implied by the logo. mommy always said that you "shouldn't play with fire", right? so what did we always end up doing?

that little thing looks like a pokemon character. but like i said, my opinion should count less. i mean, i'd be the first to buy a KK that had spikes coming out of it from all angles, or gaskets shaped like sharp, pointy teeth...

i wanna feel like i'm feeding that dragon under the stairs from "The Munsters", not like going out and yelling, "Q-zilla, I choose you!"