Big Poppa

TEMP PROBES

Ok I have been on the search for temp probes or a thermometer system that has high heat tolerance than the throwaways that come with the amvericks...I cought a few upgraded ones from Freds Music and BBQ

I see the oregon scientific ones are rated to 572......

I like to be able to program my own finishing temps

actually the best one so far are the ones with the Guru but I am not using it on this cooker yet.

Lets talk about other ideas for pobes? thanks

Oregon Scientific

Oregon Scientific AW-131 has programmable finishing temp, pretty heat resistant probe wires and excellent transmission range. It is single probe, so you use it for either meat or pit, not both. Of course you can use two. Since buying mine, I no longer use my Maverick. I recommend it highly. It does not have low temp alarms, and I use it with a Stoker and a Guru, which I rely on to control the temps, so I don't need alarms. It does have two talking alarms, "Almost Done" and "It's Done"; and a third beeping alarm for over-temp. Here's a link to the user manual:

http://www2.oregonscientific.com/assets ... MANUAL.pdf

MIchael MIke or Dr.?

Ive looked at this and it is one they make private label for weber

off topic you ike golf and flyfishing? check out Clear Creek in Tahoe just joined Crenshaw Coore course two acre beach house on the lake and two thousand acre fly fishing ranch

back on topic

Ill order one from amazon