DennisLinkletter

15 1/4" KK Pizza/Baking Stone in ready stock...

The long anticipated.. forever in R&D "Fibrament inspired" Baking stone is actually here in the warehouse..

I knew what I wanted, which was a 5/8" thick baking stone that had a very smooth/almost polished face.. Easier said than done.. The Harbinson Walker guys were over the top helpful in preparing the formula that would be food safe and hold just the right amount heat. The problem was in the production of the face.. We finally almost got what I wanted by polishing a thick steel plate, then clamping of a stainless serving tray which has had the back cut out.

With some MacGyvering we not only got it cast but got it to release.. The problem is that the very thin pointed lip crumbles and leaves a less than attractive/commercial looking edge. The back and last layer cast is also a bit rippled but this is usually hid by the stainless tray which comes with the stone.

After 6 years, I've found that performance comes first.. and this stone deliveries.

The stones perform beautifully but have the following cosmetic anomalies. The stones were stained

by carbon steel filings when they were drying... The finish would be ruined removing them. Some also received

minor scratches on the face when less than thoughtful workers were refinishing the back side.

These photos are to show what some stones may have.. When perfect stones are shipped they will be $48 plus UPS or USPS ground. These first batch stones will be sold for $38 plus UPS or USPS ground.

Initially these will only be available to KK customers.

To order please send your zip code to BakingStone @ komodoKamado.com

BakingStone1.jpg

BakingStone2.jpg

BakingStone3.jpg

BakingStone5.jpg

BakingStone6.jpg

In the hands of our Firemonkey, this stone performed beautifully..

Quote, "With the KK stone, I just put the stone directly on the upper grill, above an open fire, and let the whole grill come up to about 500-525 degrees. This yields a perfect hand tossed pizza in just the amount of time it takes me to make a new one - about 6-7 minutes. The stone holds enough heat that I can remove one pie and immediately replace it with a new one, and keep churning them out for as long as i need to."

http://komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3002

img0536jme.jpg

img0538clh.jpg

img0541q.jpg

I don't sell accessories to non Komodo customers..

I got one just yesterday. I am sure Dennis is working his way through the list. If you want to *bump* yourself to the top, and hit Dennis with another email!

Squeakiest wheel, eh? ;):lol:

I just send her an invoice.. She originally wrote me from another Email address that I did not recognize as a customer.

For the time being, I don't sell accessories to non Komodo customers..

Re: I don't sell accessories to non Komodo customers..

I just send her an invoice.. She originally wrote me from another Email address that I did not recognize as a customer.

For the time being, I don't sell accessories to non Komodo customers..

Sorry, Dennis, I must have used my Loquitur email instead of my office email. My payment is coming from Loquitur as well, just so you know its me.

Susan