Austin519

New Komodo owner...have a question about gas burner hoses

Hey guys,

I just finally hauled my Komodo up four flights of stairs (pictures to follow) onto my rooftop and fired it up last night. The first thing I found out is that the 12' quick disconnect natural gas hose I purchased from Home Depot for the starter burner links at the de-kink rotation point. That's fine anyway because the hose is an awful baby-puke color, and I'm looking to get a nice black hose, preferably one with some length to it (20 ft or so). Can anyone suggest a place to go that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for a hose like this, or that they've had luck with? Worst case, I'll just screw two hoses together, but I'd rather have one longer one. Thanks!

Austin519

mguerra:

You have no idea. I'll post some pictures up soon, hopefully this weekend ;).

tcoliver:

Check out my post below...had a problem with Home Depot. I actually found a place locally that said they can do a 15 foot black hose for me (tejassmokers dot com The first thing I found out is that the 12' quick disconnect natural gas hose I purchased from Home Depot for the starter burner links at the de-kink rotation point. That's fine anyway because the hose is an awful baby-puke color, and I'm looking to get a nice black hose, preferably one with some length to it (20 ft or so). Can anyone suggest a place to go that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for a hose like this, or that they've had luck with? Worst case, I'll just screw two hoses together, but I'd rather have one longer one. Thanks!). Supposedly, you don't want any more length than that. Thanks for the advice though!

Austin519

Baby Puke Blue!!!! That just sounds wrong.... :pukeright:

I hope the black hose isn't as STIFF as mine!!! Because I hate that hose just for that reason. Uncoiled it won't lay flat on the floor; becomes one hullofa trip hazard. I much prefer the baby puke blue; much softer and more plyable, lays nice and flat. I have two of those together.

I'll never look at my baby puke blue hose the same way again! I always liked that hose!!! :wink: