danioro

#598 finally home!

So....

After a small snafu with the shippers (delivered the KK to my home in a tractor trailor with no lift gate!) #598 has arrived!

1) Total transit time from LA to IL was about 10 days in total. Not bad for such a big, heavy package

2) I have to say that the crating was AWESOME! So well thought out and robust. The KK was well braced, padded and swaddled, it arrrived entirely intact and undamaged. Really I would say that short of actually dropping it from a height, it would be really difficult to damage it.

TsfAx_9.jpg

3) I am in love! #598 is SO well built, quality construction so very apparent. Dennis is to be congratulated on a first class engineering job and shipping effort! :D

4) I have one suggestion. These cookers are soooo great, it seems terribly inappropriate to call them simply "#598". I think that they need to be named and adoption papers sent with the babies to their new Daddies/Mommies! Can y'all tell that I have had an emotional response to my new arrival?

TsfDG2r.jpg

5) I uncrated in about 45 mins, on my own. I found that the best approach was to:

a) Remove boards from 2 adjacent sides

B) Back out the 8 lag bolts at the bottom about an inch each

c) Displace the 4 'pillars' from the base supporting the KK

d) Gently slide the crate off of the cooker

I found it quite simple to uncrate by myself in this fashion. Now I just have to get it up 2 flights of stairs! Trying to get 4 Anesthesiologist buddies together at the same time is kinda like herding cats!

More to follow

Re: #598 finally home!

These cookers are soooo great' date=' it seems terribly inappropriate to call them simply "#598".[/quote']

Laurie and I have a policy to only name entities that talk to us. This rules out body parts, and most inanimate objects. So our GPS is called Audrey, but our cooker will just get loving glances. (Getting a name is not a prerequisite for this!)

Ancient history is just that, we'll also probably just call it the "K".