danioro

EZQ Rotisserie

Got the motor from onegrill and the 6 and 8" cages came from Viking yesterday. They had EZ-Que etched all over the end!

In retrospect, I think EZ-Que probably has a better profit margin or marketing agreements selling to 3rd party sellers like Viking. That is the only reason I can see why they NEVER have cages in stock for sale to shlubs like me.

TONIGHT - roti chicken herbed the way I like it and spuds in the drip pan to roast and catch all that good schmaltz drippin down from the bird! YUMMMO! Can't wait. I'll let y'all know technique and how it turned out.

mounting motor

make sure when you mount the motor that the mounting bracket is square -- if it is bent too much or not enough (not at a right angle) then the shaft can go too far in or not far enough into the hole. When the motor is mounted it should be verticle with no angle slanting in or away from the KK. I bought both the 6 inch and 8 inch basket. I love it ... something i missed with the BGE (now sitting in the side yard, seriously outclassed). Enjoying my KK in New Orleans

In my pre-ceramic days I was six months in a rental visiting Berkeley, CA, and sharing a good gas grill with my upstairs landlords. They're friends; I'm still assigned to the grill at parties there. The one-who-cooks is Korean, and while sauced ribs is not normally my style, she makes the most incredible Korean / California fusion marinades. Her descriptions don't convey her sense of balance; I can't reproduce what she does. How she goes about ribs is all-wrong by BBQ competitor group-think, but boy do crowds devour them.

A gas grill has nothing on a KK, but I made the best of it. I bought a rotisserie for it, and by far our favorite food this way was whole chicken, light smoke, Hawaiian red sea salt and black pepper on the skin. There was a party of fifty that set on three birds in as many minutes; Laurie and I only got to taste as we carved. Good thing Hyungsook had lots of other food.

Since then, we've cracked the code on one way to make chicken on a ceramic cooker that we love, but it's not the same, and why not have some variety? So we're reading this thread with great interest, we'll probably take the (minor, after the KK) plunge...