inacoma

KK How-To (Please post your suggestions here for a Q&A!)

Good Info on GURU

Thanks for the GURU info

Had the KK hot for 10+ hours yesterday for a break in and test run - so it should be dry.

Ran it up very quickly to 500 today for just a minute and then right back down to 300 - was not even really warm to the touch on the outside - did not let the heat soak in.

When I was a kid in scouts we had a knucklehead throw a brick into a big bon fire and it exploded - did not hit anyone but it punch a couple of holes in a tent over 10 yards away.

Glen

Re: Good Info on GURU

Thanks for the GURU info

Had the KK hot for 10+ hours yesterday for a break in and test run - so it should be dry.

Ran it up very quickly to 500 today for just a minute and then right back down to 300 - was not even really warm to the touch on the outside - did not let the heat soak in.

When I was a kid in scouts we had a knucklehead throw a brick into a big bon fire and it exploded - did not hit anyone but it punch a couple of holes in a tent over 10 yards away.

Glen

Good deal! Just let me know if you ever need an more Guru info!

-=Jasen=-

WOW

OK just I pulled the chicken off the grill and a sample of short ribs - man I am sold on this KK.

I did a 5 pound bird with a chicken rocket

http://www.chickenrocket.com/home.html

If you guys have not used one of these you are missing out - 4 pounds of steaming cast iron up anythings butt will tenderize it. :shock:

The KK and the chickenrocket is a killer combo!!!

I have given more than a dozen of these away as gifts and everyone raves about them!!! - Caution that cast iron is HOT!!! use gloves and watch out for the HOT Liquid (Also, wipe it down with oil before and after each use)

Kids are fighting over the scraps and the dogs are moaning, snapping and frighten each other for their turn.

No runaway temps today - this bad boy was handling like a champ - as the outside temps really dropped after dark I had to dial her up just a bit to keep the temps at 350-355 but other than that .... no problems today after the latch adjustment and fitting the roto hole with the SS plug.

I have a business dinner tomorrow so no cooking - :cry:

Glen

Guru GOOD

Glen,

I had a Maverick and decided I'd do it the old fashioned way to start out. :?

I had a very looooooong night on my first butt cook. I promptly ordered a Guru (competitor), now I use my Guru and Maverick together for a poor-man's Procomm (I can't change anything, but I don't have to leave the football game to check it either). I just shut the KK down from 34hrs +/- of Guru controlled low and slow, slept like a baby...(I woke up crying and hungry every 4 hours! :smt043 )

I'll put up some pictures & stuff about the cooks soon...stay tuned.

Mark