mguerra

Christmas 2009

Scrumptious

Rather than pork, I did four nice beef tenderloins for Christmas Eve. They marinated for several hours in soy, worcestershire and garlic. Then the fire was 350 degrees, indirect, with one chunk of mesquite, no sear. I finished them at 150 and foiled for 15 minutes. This is our usual Christmas Eve group of family and we usually do tenderloin. They raved that it was the best ever! My wife said we should KK them every year and never do one in the oven again. Perfect medium is how they came out, a little pinkish, not bloody, and just enough smoke flavor; not oversmoked at all. Melt in your mouth tender, too. Absolutely the best tenderloin I have ever eaten. Photo upload stalled out, I'll try again later.

Merry Christmas!!!

I am doing a 20+ lb. turking on the KK today for Christmas. I made a paste for it of butter, poultry seasoning, herb and garlic seasoning, some fresh garlic, rosemary and thyme. I blended the mixture together on the stove and then I put it in the blender so that I could inject it as well. Hopefully it comes out as good as it smells!